Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of versions

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Morning,

We have picked up that not all items are included in a version.

In general what is the rules to include or exclude items on a version, and why would certain items be excluded?

Annelize

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have asked the team to run SLG1 as recommended. Will keep you posted.

We get a version each time. But in each version some items are excluded. Let's say we run a version twice a day, we will get two versions, but some items are just randomly excluded. We can't see a pattern in the items that are excluded.

Annelize 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

What you can start looking at in the meantime is to set up a number range for versioning under SPRO-> Portfolio Management-> Global Customising-> Portfolio Independent Settings->Define Number ranges for portfolio management objects

Read the help which will give you the relevant number range object and object you will need to define. Also note the 'Override default global settings" change you will need to make. Once you have set this up you can test on an individual Item that the numbering works. Then re-run the portfolio wide mechanism and see if all of your Items are getting versioned

I logged a call with SAP about this issue about 2 years ago and this was the end result of it.

Regards
C

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have looked at our number ranges, we do have a separate number range for Versions.

Can it be that because some of our PPM items have system generated numbers and 98% user defined number ranges. It appears that if the end user forgets to define the PPM item number, the system automatically generates a number?

Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ann

Possible. But what do the SLG1 errors say? When you double click the error does it refer to an error as specified earlier?

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we double click on the errors, we get "No values" and "No URL" ... How do we know what is the PPM item number linked to the errors?

Annelize

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are investigating the URL error now ... What we realised now is that we can't delete the document attached to a decision point?

However, we can delete a document in the "Documents and Notes TAB" .. (Screen 2)

What authorization do we need?

See attached screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annelize

I cannot remember to be honest - and we do not use this mechanism any longer so I cant easily check. All I remember was that I could see the errors in SLG1 and somehow managed to see the error relating to numbering. It was however not clear which Items each error related to. I used to do a check on the Item table to get a list of the Items that were not versioned - but could never see from the SLG1 records which Item related to which error. Difficulty is that it is not necessarily replicable - i.e. you get an Item that doesn't version in round 1 and then this same Item is successful in round 2.

Not sure what you next move should be. Since you are using version numbering you should not have this issue, but perhaps logging an incident with SAP is the best

Regards

C

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you we will do that for this issue. All your help is SO much appreciated.

DO you perhaps know how to delete a document attached to a PPM items as described in my earlier message with screen prints. 

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you soooo much for all your support.

With regards to my last question, how do we delete a URL on a decision point? See my printscreens earlier.

Annelize

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you think this is related to your versioning issue? I.e. is this happening only on Items where a document is linked at DP level?

In terms of your authorisations...log into the associated backend whilst you are trying to process and then do a su53 check

Br,

Chatsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have no issue deleting a DP url/document. Simply go into DP documents and delete it via the standard function. You might have missing authorisation so do a su53 check. Also check whether the tickbox  "Document cannot be changed by other users"  is active? Perhaps this is you issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check on ACL. Not sure if it makes a difference whether the user has admin rights ? Worth a check

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi C,

Our ABAP'er debugged the program and found that within the function module is a method. The method is looking for a document creation. It is here where the url is missing. For all PPM items linked to a DP.

Ann

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Step 1: Click on Portfolio Name:

Step 2: Go to “You can also” > Create Versions of All Items 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annelize

Ok - I see

But can you please check the SLG1 log as per my message above and check for any errors? You are getting some snapshots but not all of them ? Right? When looking at the SLG1 log as mentioned you see some errors informing you something like "Item XZZ15ARTARTRE.... already exists" ? Please confirm

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annelize

In what context are your creating these versions from? E.g. are you in a bucket then you click the YCA menu option for create versions of all Items in a Bucket? Or please explain

There should not be any restriction/exclusions when running this, but I have experienced exactly the same issue before where certain Items do not get versioned. Can you please run transaction SLG1 for object "RPM_VERSIONING" and try see if you have any errors that appear in the log? From my experience certain versions did not create due to an internal SAP issue with version numbering - which you can potentially overcome by specifying your own version number range, but more about this later. Please first check for any errors as per the steps above

Regards
C