cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU41---configuration profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All:

I ‘m  learning   the  configuration profile。there have  three  questions confused me for a long time ,I can't  find anymore useful information to solve  this  problem。because  all  the information i have find are single and not connected with the full step or whole step。

fist one :I don’t konw how to use “sales order(set)+none/sing-leve/Multilevel”  ,I don't konw what's the  different on the three situation and how to make it work (I mean how to set BOM and material )

and also how to use “Order BOM+none/sing-leve/Multilevel”

I saw sometime will define Cross-plant CM on MRP3,and use CS40 to connected supper BOM,I don't konw how to

use it

please send me some useful information for me,send me some document and E-book,whole testing document paper is much batter。

you can also send email to me,E-mail:1538539448@qq.com

thank you very much

ss

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

michael mei,

Its a long topic if ,  open 2 new threads for first 2 question.

For you 3rd question on cross plan configuration please go through below link it will help you budiling a PoC to test your results.

Check and reply with your findings or you need further help.

Hope it may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

thanks for your help,i was fellowed your blog step to creat a  variant material,and i created a  material variant。when i assigned variant material to the material variant in MRP3 view ,i pressed “enter”,but i cant configuration 。without anything happen is turn to MRP4 view。i can‘t see the window  that i can configuration。my step as bellow:

1、Create Characteristic

Z_COLUR_BIKE

Z_ENGINE

Z_TYPE_BIKE

2、create  class ,assigned the 3 character to class ,classtype:300

class:bike

3、create  variant  material ,assigned “ class :bike”  to the variant material

4、create  material variant

I don't konw what's wrong,i can’t configure。If i press “enter” turn to MRP4 view

please  help me

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

michael mei,

Thanks for visiting my blog , appreciate if you can rate it and write your comment in comment section.

Lets try to solve your issue, please follow below steps.

1) Please use CU50 transaction and input your configurable material to check it in simulation mode weather every things works fine for it. If its works ok , you wil be able to assigned values to characteristic and once you press result , it will show you BOM components resultant of configuration you have selected.

2) please assign a strategy group in strategy group field on MRP -3 view. at the moment i can see it blank in teh screen you attached.

3) I also see that you assigned a wrong material in MRP-3 view, message in bottom saying that , " please assign a valid configurable matrial" , it means the configurable material you are using is not properly setup. please first correct the setup for configurable material and then your material variant will work fine.

Please do this 3 steps and reply if it fix your issue.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your repeat ,it‘s really work,but there another issue。when i use cu50 ,it doesn't alternative to material variant,it’s configuration by itself。

in material variant  I can   choose the characteristic

When i use :cu50   ,the phenomenon is bellow

i checked  the  link,and i have maintained material variant strategy:40   ,configurable material strategy is :25.

i dont konw why it doesn't work

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok , so it mean now your setup started working with the changes I suggested.

Please keep in mind, in CU50 you can see the list of material variant matching your configuration .

Now please pay attention , in CU50 while you assign the value to characteristic, assign same value as in material variant, do not press result icon , instead in bottom of screen you can see a button for variant matching press it and it will give you list of material variant matching the configuration you selected. 

In sales order , your material variant will be replace configurable material. If you maintained settings as mention in my document.

Please check out and reply . You can mark the replies helpful if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you tips,I have success  alternative configurable material to the material variant。i have add  vc price for erery  character ,if just use configurable material I can achieve VC price follew the charateristic that  i had  choose。 but  when it alter to material variant  i just can catch the strand price “pr00”  and i can't  catch the variant price “va00” or “va01”。so i think if can creat anothe blog to show how to salve this problem will help more people。

thanks for you kindly help。

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's good if my replies solve your issue, please mark the replies helpful which helps you , also please close this thread.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought you got the answer but surprise to see assumed answered.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry ,I set a wrong symbol,now I correct it

Answers (0)