cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Inventory Manager 4.2 showing blank screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We trying to implement SAP Inventory Manager 4.2 (SMP 3 SP03)

I've installed SMP 3 on my laptop and followed all the steps mentioned in blog

Now, I am trying to execute through agentry client (Agentry Client for Win32) installed on same laptop (Windows 7 64 bit)

However, I am getting blank screen as show

I also tried to fix this issue by changing Win32 section in screensets.ini as mentioned in blog

ATE does not display SAP Inventory Manager 4.0 ... | SCN

After that I restarted SMP server and re installed agentry client as well

Still i am getting same issue

Am I missing something over here?

Regards,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

Inventory Manager is supposed to show a blank list after first transmit as you are experiencing.  Data is fetched on demand in that application from search screens under the menus.  Definitely find out what versions of SMP and WPF you should be using with your version of IM.  It will not work as you are seeing with the incorrect versions.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

I tried using WPF client also

However, its showing Agentry client stopped working error (see screenshot below)

Shall I upgrade SMP local system as well?

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please confirm the version of WPF Client and SMP server that you are using? Please use latest version of WPF client(v12) and SMP server(v11).

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please check-out the process mentioned in the below,

Fix Internet Explorer Blank or Empty Window - Nothing Displaying in IE 10, 9 or 8 - YouTube

Also please do check-out the below & ActiveX-Controls,

Also check-out Adobe Flash.

I addition, also check-out the below links,

Also have a check at the log file called "Events.log" at the start of the file check to see if says something about "failed to load crypo keys".

Also check-out every thing is ok according to,

Also check-out that similar matter is reported in the below,

SCN : Blog List - SAP for Mobile

So , Check on the Notes below:

2158268 - Software Release Note - SAP Inventory Manager 4.2

2158270 - Release Restrictions Note - SAP Inventory Manager 4.2

2016828 - SAP Inventory Manager ABAP Add-On Installation Master Note

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh,

We formerly supported Win 32 clients, but at this point that platform is outdated.  You should use the WPF platform instead, they are designed for use on more recent systems.  I'm guessing the application is defined as such in the application as well, Win32 is its own thing and not really designed to be used with the more recent applications.

Regards,

Cole. 

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think the problem is with the version that you are using in the local system.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inventory Manager will not work correctly with the Win32 client, because it is setup to use the WPF client. 

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

This doesn't look like an error. To me it looks like your user is not fetching anything because of the data in the backend doesn't match the application filters for the user. You should check Agentry configuration portal MDO filters and globals, user parameters and backend data.

Instead of following Work Manager 6.3 steps you should use the product install guide, can be found in http://service.sap.com/instguides under SAP Mobile.

By the way, Inventory Manager 4.3 was released 1 week ago. Maybe you want to go for it.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Additionally, you should also upgrade you SMP server to the latest Service Pack and Patch.  The latest is SP11.  There are a significant number of changes you need.

This is in addition to switching to the WPF client (again the latest version of the SMP3 SDK).

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to use latest version of WPF client instead of Win32 client. Also make sure PhysicalInventory BAPI is returning entries from SAP.