cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reverse engineer OData call for Create Purchase Requisition App to see implementation code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to find the code for the OData call for Create Purchase Requisitions Fiori App and need some help with the next steps. I tried going to /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE -> Found the End Point -> went to configuration and then I could see some entity sets and then I am lost.

This is my first such attempt with Gateway/OData, so any help is appreciated.

This is what I have so far:

Batch requests are made to: http://<host>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/sap/MMPUR_REQ_SSP_MAINTAIN_SRV/$batch

End point is: MMPUR_REQ_SSP_MAINTAIN_SRV

--batch_3b3a-65b7-9d71 Content-Type: application/http Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

POST I_Purchaserequisition_WdActivation?PurchaseRequisition=''&PurReqnDraftUUID=guid'00505683-043b-1ed6-a0a2-134faa0780d8' HTTP/1.1

sap-contextid-accept: header

Accept: application/json

Accept-Language: en-US

DataServiceVersion: 2.0

MaxDataServiceVersion: 2.0

I am interested in finding out where in the code following POST request in the batch call hits, i.e. it is calling some program where functions are defined to handle these requests which query the tables, I want to see which program is being called and eventually which tables are being queried etc.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhjot,

If you want to back track the services and check the data flow, best way is to go through browser, find the services which are getting called. How to get the services ? You can filter in the inspect element using (/sap/opu). Now you can see all the services/URL which contains /sap/opu. Copy the URl in next tab and see the data.

1. Alternate option is to find out the gateway project, go to segw transaction in your backend system.

2. Enter the project name , generally the project name would be the service name (just remove the _SRV )

3. Go to service implementation folder, and expand the classes used. Check DPC_EXT and check the post methods, (create_entity, create_deep_entity etc) Here you can see all the code written for post operations.

Regards,

Tejas