cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide characteristic values coming from VC table in a constraint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VC Experts,

I have a configurable material say C001.00001 with Variant class 300 Z_CB_WRL. In this there are two Characteristics like Z_BRAND with single value setting no values are assigned and another characteristic Z_GRAMMAGE with Single value and restrict able without values assigned.

Currently this material is assigned with a configurable profile in that dependency net assigned having Constraint Z_CB_GRAMMAGE

While creating sales order in the VC screen the grammage values say 200, 220, 270, 330, 450 are coming from VC table which is defined in  constraint Z_CB_GRAMMAGE based on the brand.  

Now the business requirement is to have a new set of Grammage values for a given Brand to be added in the VC table and don't want to use the old grammage values. During creation of Sales Order the old values should appear for the user for selection.

How to hide these characteristic values which are coming from VC table in the constraint.

Has anybody come across this kind of situation. If so, how did you resolve this please provide the code.

The constraint code is as follows

A IS_A(300) Z_CB_WRL

*CONDITIONS:

RESTRICTIONS:

TABLE Z_CB_GRAMMAGE

(Z_T_BRAND =  A.Z_BRAND,

Z_T_PRODUCTSPECIFICATON = A.Z_PRODUCTSPECIFICATION,

Z_T_GRAMMAGE = A.Z_GRAMMAGE,

Z_T_STIFFNESS = A.Z_STIFFNESS)

INFERENCES:

A.Z_PRODUCTSPECIFICATON, A.Z_GRAMMAGE, A.Z_STIFFNESS

Please let me know what code do I have to include in this.

Thanks and Regards,

Kimo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna Mohan Emani,

I am not understanding if you are adding new values for existing key values how your variant table will be inconsistency free , suppose earlier your were selecting value 200 for grammage based upon value A for Brand , now with A you want to generate 250 as value for grammage , it means if you mainta both line in variant table there will be ambiguity and it will not work.

Once solution could be introduce new values for brand  too as you are using new values for another grammage and it will solve your issue.

check and reply.

Also , see below code how you can restrict characteristic values based upon values choose by another characteristic.

RESTRICTIONS:

A.Z_GRAMMAGE IN (‘200’, ' 220' , ' 270' , ' 330' , '450') IF A.Z_BRAND  = ‘Tower’

Thanks

Ritesh

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If I have well understood your requirement, there is a need to hide certain characteristic values, for a given Brand, in new Sales Order Items, and at the same time show them in old Sales Order Items, where they were used in the past, if any.

Is this correct?

If so, I think you can add a precondition to those values that have to be hidden.

Precondition code should be something like the following (assuming to manage the 200 value for Grammage characteristic:

Z_GRAMMAGE SPECIFIED AND Z_GRAMMAGE = 200 AND Z_BRAND = 'xyz'

Attach the precondition to the value 200 in Z_GRAMMAGE.

The result should be that, in new Sales Order Items, the value 200 shall not appear, while in old Sales Order Items, where it was used in the past, it should be appearing.

Please give it a try and let us know the results.

Thank you and regards,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response,

Yes, your guess is correct. However I had mentioned that the characteristic values are not triggered from Characteristic rather they are coming from Constraint. Here is the challenge.

Is there a way how to control this

Thank you so much

Krishna Mohan