cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP 1608: What is the purpose of SAP IBP User Groups?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently upgraded to 1608 version and currently designing security in the tool. I saw an example on Identity and Access Management - SAP Integrated Business Planning - SAP Library where a use case of using user groups is mentioned. I checked the tool and it seems that we can only assign users to user groups and not assign business roles or restrictions or visibility filters directly to a user group.

So can someone guide me on a use case to create user groups?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Aditya G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya

I assume you mean the user groups in IBP and not in SAP Cloud Identity system?

Than, with the user groups you can share e.g. Alerts or Dashboards with those users assigned to the user group. You cannot assign visibility filters or business roles to them

Use case can e.g. be a process of sop executive meeting, in which roles of marketing and demand planner and sales planner and finance etc may be involved. So you could e.g. have a user group "sop executive Spain" in which you assign all relevant users that are connected to the spanish sop executive meetings and share preparational documents and date etc

This can support the process where more than just one role is assigned.

You will probably find other use cases as well

Cheers

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

Thanks for your response.

I was referring to SAP IBP user groups and not SAP SCI. It seems SAP IBP user groups are used more for process management/collaboration, analytics and JAM collaboration. They are not created to help with SAP IBP security.

Please correct if I have misunderstood/misinterpreted.

Regards,

Aditya G

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

yes that is my understanding as well, and actually I like the concept pretty much as you can with that seperate the pure roles from an integrated process in which more than just one role is involved. Kind of matrix organization...

Cheers

Irmi