cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when connecting to IBP with Excel Add-In

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am trying to connect to my planning area using the IBP Excel Add-In for IBP 6.3. Unfortunately I receive the error message "The type initializer for 'FPMXLClient.ReportManagement.FormattingSheet' threw an exception'.

In the Details following is stated: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.Forms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of ist dependencies. The System cannot find the file.

I am using Excel 2016 and I'm running in an Windows 7 Environment.

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

When do you get it, when trying to log in or when loading a planning view / template / favorite?

Does this happen for all planing areas, or only for one?

Or could it be that you have not met the pre requisites, check OSS note 2135948 , because of the "could not load ..." ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmhild,

Thanks for your reply, it happens directly during the connection process - so I am not even able to access any templates or views.

I also checked the note and installed all prerequisites again - but unfortunately without any change...

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, "The System cannot find the file" really sounds as if something is missing in the installation.

Potentially some microsoft component missing or wrong version, .NET Framework 4.0 maybe? Only guessing, I dont really have any clue about it 🙂

Can you confirm the issue is only on your computer, and if you log on to the system with your user but with a colleagues computer it works well? That would mean it is really something in your installation.

(and vice versa, if it works for another person's user on your laptop, that would proof that it is not the installation but something with the user)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmhild,

I could solve the error myself - I found out that it was working normally under Office 2010 so I installed office 2010 in addition to 2016. Now it works in Office 2016 (as well as in 2010) without any issues.

Thanks again for your effort and best regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please refer to below thread where there is response given for an issue in excel add in for MS Excel 2016.

Regards,

Subya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subya,

thanks for your quick Feedback. According to your link I manually entered the registry key (VBAOff - 1) but unfortunately that didn't help - I'm still getting the same error as before...

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

former_member194529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

What IBP Excel add-in version are you currently using? I would suggest to upgrade your plugin to 6.3.4.0 in case you don't have it yet and try again.

Best regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

thanks for your feedback, I have the version 6.3.2.0 but I cant find the newer version on the marketplace. Could this be an authorization issue?

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

former_member242371
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please check SAP note 2351028 for latest IBP excel addin.

Thanks,

Rohit

former_member194529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

This is the direct link on the Marketplace: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/softwarecenter/template/products/_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVEN...

You should see 2 files to download there, one for 6.3.2.0; and one for 6.3.4.0 (release date 15 September)

However, if you already have 6.3.2.0 I am not very confident that this will fix your issue. I would suggest that you raise an OSS message so we can investigate deeply in case negative.

Regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

thanks for the link, unfortunately I do not have access to it but I will clarify this within my company. I could solve the issue already by myself, I posted it further down the thread.

Thanks again and best regards,

Martin