cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encryption Exception in File and FTP receiver adapter in PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Scenario: We have requirement send the data from Proxy to FTP using PGP Encryption.

We configured the channel with required Module parameters as below.

File Receiver Adapter(FTP)

But when we trigger the file it is failing to reach the Target system and please find the below error message.

Error Log:

Please let me know if I'm missing any parameters and Basis team confirmed they deployed the certificates in XI OS level.

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen/Manoj,

Thanks a lot for the support, now I'm able to process the files by converting and applying the encryption to the target.

Regards,

kiran

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to hear Please close the thread!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As you suggested I used the xmltoplain converter to convert the data from xmltoplain, but after the decryption of file at the target system the file is in the form of XML.

Please find the module configuration of XmltoPlain and provide your inputs if I configured wrongly.

Regards,

Kiran

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Can you provide the screenshot of the channel log especially the PGP module execution screenshot to verify if the module is executing or not.

Br,

Manoj

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I dont see Transform.Class parameter for message transform bean in your module configuration, Check these blogs to configure MessageTransformBean

How To...Content conversion module with J2EE JMS adapter - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Where can I find whether the Modules are maintained in PI or not.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You can find it under system information.

http://pihost:piport/nwa/sysinfo

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

PGP is not visible under NWA/sysinfo, So how to add that PGP module to make it visible.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Check the blog which refereed, it contains all the details.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the information now we are able to see the Modules in NWA/sysinfo, but when we are trying to encrypt the data we encounter an error message as below.

Please let me know with your inputs.

Regards,

kiran

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

This error is not related to PGP , can you please post the screenhsot of the receiver channel module tab.

And also are you using variable substitution for filename/directory ?

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please find receiver channel Module tab and yes I'm using the Variable substitution.

Regards,

Kiran

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

yes I'm using the Variable substitution.

Well variable substitution dosnt work because in receiver channel Modules gets executed first so in your case the PGP modules encrypts the data and later your variable substitution executes as variable substitution expects data to be in XML format but as PGP has already executed the data is not in XML format causing error in channel " Content not allowed in Prolog".

Use dynamic Configuration for the filename.

br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

As you suggested I've removed the Variable substitution and even I'm not using dynamic configuration for Creating a file Name.

But still the same issue persists, Please let me know If I'm missing anything.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Are you using any FCC in your receiver channel??

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Yes I'm using FCC in my receiver channel.

And I'm able to process the Plain file successfully to the target, but when I apply Encryption parameters and trigger the data is failing with 'content is not allowed in Prolog'.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

• FCC will not work when you encrypt the data before reaching to adapter.
  • If you want to convert you can use MessageTransformBean before the PGPEncryption module to convert from XML to plain.

Regards,

Praveen.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good catch , i missed the FCC

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

where you have saved partner public keys ?

we need to specify path for Partner Public key in Encrption parameters.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You need to deploy the PGP modules in PI before using it in the channel. Check the below blog for more details.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Correct if I'm wrong we have deployed the certificates in PI OS level.

Regards,

Kiran

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Deploying certificate is secondary part , you need to have PGP modules first in your PI system so that you can use them.

In your case its looks like there is no PGP module in your PI system you need to install it before you use.  Refer the blog suggested.

br,

Manoj