Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key assignment in MDG

Pawan_Mahto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had selected Key Assignment for an Entity as "Key Can be Changed; Internal Key Assignment possible"  as an option initially and now the requirement changed so i need to change Key Assignment to "Key Can not be changed; No internal Key Assignment".

During change I am getting an error stating: "Data model XX is already active and entity type XXXXX is contained in the active version. In this case, you may no longer change the type of key assignment for entity type XXXXX."

Does any one came across same error or do you know How can change this to meet my requirement?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Pawan ,

It could be standard MDG Limitation . I guess you are using FLEX mode for this entity .

If you are in FLEX mode the May be you could delete all the data in your generated tables and try it .

Because of already existing data the framework is giving this error .

Thank you .

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Correct, with an activated data model, this is not possible.

http://go.sap.com/docs/download/2015/07/ba10f64d-5b7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf mentions report USMD_DELETE_DATA_MODEL

This report deletes the active data model including all active data (for flex entities) and inactive data. This data will be lost (change request as well as active data for flex entities).

Afterwards, I assume changes to the key assignment will be possible again.

Best regards, Ingo Bruß

Pawan_Mahto
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am using reuse mode not the flex..will it work in that case as well?

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

That's independent of Flex vs. Reuse

Answers (0)