cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock is showing in 920/921 storage type -ve and in open storage type +ve

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

when i am transferring material using 351 mvt type wrt PO from one warehouse(decentralised) to another warehouse(centralised) and after doing PGI from centralised warehouse it is showing stock in 921 warehouse as -ve stock and in actual storage type as +ve stock.

Kindly help as this is urgent issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are doing transfer from WM SLOC to Non-WM SLOC one entry with negative always create in interim area with TR creation, needs to create pick TO against TR to pick stock from bin to transfer.

as per your system configuration that entry going to 921 storage type you needs to create pick TO from bin as per your physical bin code that may be Y01 storage type and TO bin under 921 storage type.

Complete this process and inform if you have any query.

Thanks,

Virat Choudhary

0 Kudos

Hi Virat,

While doing this TO from physical bin to 920/921 storage type then it shows error that "Negative stock is not allowed *** storage type"

Thats why i raised this issue...

Thanks

Vinayak

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you probably move 2 while you only have 1 in the source storage bin , hence this source storage bin would become -1 which is not logical and cannot be physically.

So the question is still to the fact if you really issue 2 physically. If you did, then your stock in WM was not accurate, especially not as the people were able to pick it. So it can be assumed that your parked stock in storage type 999 is incorrect and you should move it back into the storage bin where it is missing. then you can complete your task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

As per your screen short you have only 1 qty in bin under store type Y01 and your requirement is 2 qty to clear 921 store type stock.

in screen short 1 qty stock also showing in 999 store type with positive you can move the same in Y01 store type if adjustment activity is completed.

Once you have 2 qty stock in storage type Y01 you can create TO against TR.

Please inform if you require any further support.

Thanks,

Virat Choudhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

Please confirm issue resolved or not.

Kind Regards,

Virat Choudhary

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is 920? it is not in your screenshot except that it has this name.

If you do a goods issue from a warehouse, then of course it creates a negative quant in the interim storage type, it also creates a TR that has to be converted into a TO to move the material from your storage bin to the interim storage type.

Your picture shows that you actually have a bit a mess, since you only have 1.000 in your storage type Y01, and another 1.000 in the storage type for differences at bin SCHROTT which means you scrapped 1.000 in the warehouse and missed to post the difference though to MM using LI21 transaction. Hence your MM stock is not accurate either, and you may have posted goods issue for more than you actually have physically.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for immediate reply.

But actually when i have seen stock in 921 and Y01 warehouse then i tried to transfer manually to 999 storage and again it creates mess.

But actually i have issue when i am delivering the stock to customer from Y01 storage type then stock shown in Y01(+ve) as well as 921(-ve) storage type.

is any config missing.?

Thanks

Vinayak

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In moment I do not see that you could heal the situation with customizing, honestly it looks like not understanding basic WM concepts and not being able to match SAP process steps with physical activities in the warehouse.

for what reason would you transfer stock from 921 to 999 in this situation?

Such movement can only have very few reasons, and this is either a physical inventory or a TO confirmation with difference. Moving it manually with LT01 should be a no-go, I am aware that warehouse managers do this to "park" differences and hope that they will find the stock during the year. Those people do not understand how integrated SAP works and need training. There is no such thing like parking differences. This stock is still available in MM and can be goods issued (like in your case).

then you said "But actually i have issue when i am delivering the stock to customer from Y01 storage type then stock shown in Y01(+ve) as well as 921(-ve) storage type."

this implies that you have 0 in Y01 and 0 in 921 when you start in MM with your posting of 351 movement, which is a goods issue.

How could a goods issue create positive stock? Only with a huge bug in program coding.

A goods issue creates negative stock in the interim storage type and a TR to equalize this negative stock from your warehouse bin stocks.

Best you check your WM stocks before and after the  351 movement and provide those screenshots.

0 Kudos
Two Warehouses in same plant with different SLOC
abcdecenetrlised warehouse
xyzCentralised warehouse
we are transferrring stock from abc through 351 mvt type then system shows stock as follows in WH abc
921Transfer1-
as1Storage bin1
then we are doing migo wrt to PO in xyz warehouse and then TO.
stock is ok in warehouse i.e. at actual storage bin without any -ve values
But when we will deliver this to customer through outbound process then stock shown as below in WH xyz
921Transfer1-
bs1Storage bin1
PGI and invoicing is going fine but stock shown in warehouse. And stock cleared from IM.
Hope this will clear the issue.
Thanks
Vinayak
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What storage location is connected to which warehouse?

What storage location is used when you do 351

and what storage location is used in an outbound delivery with a 601 movement?

And where is the information about TRs and TOs in your story?

0 Kudos

What storage location is connected to which warehouse?

both warehouses are connected with different sloc in same plant.

What storage location is used when you do 351

while Mb1b we are using ABC warehouse SLoc.

and what storage location is used in an outbound delivery with a 601 movement?

for 601 we are using XYz warehouse assigned SLOC

And where is the information about TRs and TOs in your story?

after MB1B we are making TO then after MIGO we are making TO then after delivery we are making TO.

Thanks

Vinayak

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have this situation in the decentralized warehouse because you have not processed your TO

WH abc

921 Transfer 1-

as1 Storage bin 1

you have this situation in the centralized warehouse because you have not processed your TO

WH xyz

921 Transfer 1-

bs1 Storage bin 1

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just expanding on this... Also, while doing these steps, pay attention to both the Total quantity and the Available quantity in the bins and their relationship to the status of the TO creation and confirmation.

1. First put your stock in transit - MB1B
  2. Now you have your -ve in WH abc's 921. You have your demand for the warehouse to pick.
  3. Confirm your TO in abc from the as1 bin to 921. Here is your warehouse pick. There should be no -ve 921 or stock in the as1 bin at this point
  4. On receipt in WH xyz, do your MIGO first to acknowledge receipt. now you will have +ve 921 and nothing in the bin.
  5. Create (if not automatic) and confirm your put away to bs1 bin. 921 should be 0 and bs1 should have 1.
  6. Now create the TO for the delivery. Once this is confirmed, bs1 = 0 and 916 storage type with bin = delivery number should have your quantity of 1.
  7. PGI the delivery  - 916 gets zeroed out. bs1 and 921 are already zero from previous steps.
0 Kudos

Hello Raghuji,

When we do first MB1B then stock creates -ve in 920 abc warehouse with TR. But when we trying to do TO then it shows error that -ve stock not allowed in actual storage type.

first we resolve this then proceed in other issue.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as per your reply

I just want to know when it is in same plant why you are transferring  material using movement 351

I have been witness of several scernarios where we sto for sloc to sloc using 311. it is picking 920 when we use 351 movement type for plant to plant sto

just need more details

Regards

Rashi

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What transaction are you using to create the TO. You could be going the wrong direction. Use LT04 (with the TR number) or LT06 (with the Material Document Number from MB1B) to create the TO.

The second is the same thing both Virat and Jürgen are trying to tell you - you can't take more than one out of the Y01 bin.

If the material in SCHROTT does not belong there, you can do one of two things - 1) Either move it into a valid warehouse bin to pick from before you create the TO from TR or 2) pick directly from SCHROTT, this means you have to include 999 in the storage types being searched (or use *** to get all storage types) during TO creation.