Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC look up on a custom table in HANA DB

former_member190239
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I am using jdbc look ups in sap pi , 7.3 AEX

In message mapping , I used the jdbc look up to query data from a table .

I am able to connect to the table , fetch meta data , select the fields in the look up  but on executing it throws an error

for the where fields do I need to use a "" or ' or anything else in config of the channel?

ur inputs and ideas pls

ravi -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think Ravi could be right with the double quotation marks: Defining JDBC Lookups Graphically - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library

In the mapping lookup, access an ORDER field that contains a request number. The SQL SELECT statement however contains an ORDER keyword to set the order. To identify the field in the SELECT statement as identifier for a field it must be set in doubled quotation marks ("ORDER" ). Otherwise the statement syntax is incorrect.

May be is a problem in Hana DB that it has not activated to work with these case, as per below documentation.

Regards.

former_member190239
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Inaki,

I am able to select data from the sender jdbc adapter but by providing the schema name..

select * from schemaname.tablename where xyz

Any idea how I can get this schema name into the the import metadata as ext definition ?

Regards,

ravi

former_member190239
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Figured out it was a parameter that needs to be added in the connection string.. else it will always poitn to the default schema of the database...

Connection Parameters - SAP HANA Client Interface Programming Reference - SAP Library

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For the where field you have to use single quote .

Can you provide the SQL query for which you are getting error.

Thanks

Sagarika

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
for the where fields do I need to use a "" or ' or anything else in config of the channel?

Do you mean key fields ? Try adding single quote for the value which you are passing .

Can you give sample SQL query which you are getting error.

Br,

Manoj