cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Console - RF Scanner Integration Issue

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus ,

We are trying to create custom RF applications (Windows CE devices) , through Telnet->SAP Console method , using a Windows Telnet Server .

The main issue that we are opposing against , is that we cannot map the ESC button (control hex character 1B) , to an ABAP PAI related function key , for example F1-F10 .

Is this possible via SAP Console or another method ? I am new to this , please help!

SAP Console offers the delimiters option , which translate the non printable control hex 1B to some printable , but we need to convert to another control character or an automatic enter on the ABAP Screen is required to proceed (any ideas on this also acceptable ).

Thank you in advance!

P.S. : We emulate a VT220 device and it works flawlessly except for this issue...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The setting has to be made on the VT220 console software on the device and not SAP Console, try mapping the ESC to another function key (F11 for example). Then program for the functionality. This is going to be dependent on both the device and the VT220 emulator. If it is not in the manuals for those, try contacting the manufacturer... they are used to getting such requests. I have successfully done this in the past using Wavelink and Naurtech third party emulators, and I am pretty sure there is a keyboard map file on the Intermec devices too.

The problem is the the ESC and depending on which VT220 console you are using, certain function keys such as F5 and backspace may have a meaning to the Console and are therefore are not getting passed through to SAPConsole (and therefore not to the SAP system either).

0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer , I will try it and come back to you .

Though , I was hoping for a server side solution due to the project's limitation , which is that the working RF Devices (Telnet to Unix System) are >500 in numbers , so it is close to impossible to modify the device's configuration one day prior to the project's live date...

Is there any known workaround server-wised ?

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no, because the command doesn't even leave the device - so nothing is possible on the server side.

Good luck on the go-live!

Answers (0)