cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen control fields in Purchase document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have requirement to control the fields in ME22N by Purchase organisation and purchase group.

For Example

For Purchase organisation PO01 and Purchase group PG01

Site should be display only, Changes can not allowed.

While for For Purchase organisation PO02 and Purchase group PG02

Site can be allowed to change

Please adivse

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tina

You can go to Customizing and make changes to Screen Layout but only at Document Type level

Follow the path below:

IMG>MaterialsManagement>Purchasing>Purchase Order>Screen Layout at Document level

To make Screen Layout with respect to Purchase Organization and purchase groups, you can pursue the creation of transaction variants via tcode SHD0.

Refer link below

Transaction Variant - A Step by Step Guide for Creation - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

You can make more than 1 transaction variants and then can add them to different roles for your specific requirement. The thread below explains the same.

Can I have diff transacton Variant for the same... | SCN

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aakarsh,

It does not work, Variant transaction only helps to hide field, but does nor provide the hide field based on purchase organisation and purchase group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tina

Thank You for the feedback.

However, I do not think that this is possible in Configuration. Please share if you have found it already.

I can suggest another solution which I found while surfing on the web, but you will need ABAP help to do so.

Make the fields dynamic in which case the field will only be editable based on the parameter the code takes.

A helpful link:

How to hide/show ABAP selection screen fields

Answers (0)