Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change source for a data provider

former_member204024
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in 4.1 SP 7.

My report has single prompt with LOV attached to it.  But its purged (Both data and last refreshed prompt values).  For simplicity assume that report has only one dataprovider (dp) based on universe (unv).  The target universe is unx.

The following workflow is followed.

1.  Get the proposal for the unx. Assume all objects are mapped with status OK.

2.  Post the proposal and get the prompt response.

3.  Again post the proposal along with the answered prompt response (first value of the lov).

4.  Got the response as document with identifier xx has been successfully updated.

5.  Save the document again with Put request with no pay load.  Save is also successful.

But when you open the webi document in infoview portal or rich client, the document still points to the good old unv source.  Why.

The same workflow works when the report has data and prompt values or atleast last refreshed prompt values.  Where am I going wrong.

Regards,

Subramanian S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subramanian,

Your workflow seems perfect. I can't see why it is not working in your case... I need more info (like Fiddler traces) to be able to investigate further. Could you create a CSS ticket to support and give me the number please?

Anthony

PS: did you check the last saved date? did you work with explicit locale when performing RESTful call?

former_member185028
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subramanian.

I recently created a tool that does a change source for data providers (unv or unx) in Webi reports.  The tool that I created works successfully. I have included the source code for the tool in the wiki at the below link.  Please refer to this tool and the source code to see if what you are doing is the same.  The link to the wiki with the tool is as follows:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/9SW7Gg

Best regards.

- Robert