cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice Http 503 service not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a PI 7.3.1 system. When I try to use Web Service Navigator to access a WSDL URL (with binding, i.e. for an end point from one of the application systems like CRM and Banking Services) I get this error:

Invalid Response Code: (503) Service Unavailable.

This happens frequently when I am submitting bulk messages using CRM.

There is nothing wrong with the web service / binding / end point, because I can use the same WSDL URL in the Web Service Navigator on another system (a CE 7.2 system) without problems.

So there is definitely something misconfigured on the PI system. I have searched the forum and help.sap.com and googled like mad, but I cannot find it. Most posts regarding error 503 are unanswered or were fixed by restarting the J2EE server (I tried this, it did not help).

I would like to know complete list of reasons for error Http 503 service not available and steps to fix that error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Did you check the below discussion as well?

WSNavigator: Error 503 | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghuraman,

I have checked it.I dont think server threads is the reason.currently I am using 15 threads.

During the 503 error there is only one request to the to webservice . Still it got failed . By increasing ICM Thread Parameter this will not resolve .

As per SAP if the particular URL get more requests then the ICM threads 503 error can occur . But this not the case here .

Also my service provider is saying that there is no issue with their webservice. They have generated a tcpdump from their Ip to our Ip and there are no 503 response captured in the dump.

I am unable to track the exact issue.

Are there any other reasons for this error.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Can you cross check once using SOAP UI

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

When PDU dump is taken from Webservice server, It does not capture any 503 error.

I can only see lot of TCP port numbers reused and TCP retransmission packets.

Can this be a reason for HTTP 503 error.

Regards

Krishan Rao

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Click on futher links in message monitor and click on log viewer to see more detail about the error.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Can you please check the below image

Inline image 1

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Image link is broken.