cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong GL account picked up by system..thus no posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am testing one standard sales cycle.After finishing everything when I try to release billing document, it gives me following error:

G/L account 889000 is not defined in company code 9999(it's the C Code i defined)

Message no. F5506

Diagnosis

The G/L account 889000 was not found in company code 9999.

It looks everything okay but am I missing anything here as system is picking up wrong GL account.It is 'Other sales deductions' and ideally it should have picked up Sales revenues - domestic.

I have rechecked all the relevant account group settings.

Can you suggest as what could be the reason ?

Is anything I am supposed to check ?

regards,

manOO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question always is eligible in some cases. Of course you can have a look on VKOA or some account determination configurations. But my additional explaination is there are some more processes which are interphere into the hole process of posting, like user exist program...

Some those programs will make additional change or adding more line item into your SAP standard accounting document. What happen if the new line items consist of new GL accounts which are not exist in your company code level chart account.

This is very common when you have global rolling out, and missing in creating GL in company code account level is always common happening.

Any further need in clarification please feel free to call me 084-9 03 109 793 or email sap_nguyenlam@yahoo.com.

Rdgrs,

0 Kudos

Enter Document with secondary cost elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the G/L is correctly picked up, then G/L account is not created & you should refer the same to FI consultant to create the required G/L account in T.Code: FS00.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

if u have Rebate processing document step by step pls forwards to my mail id.. ramakrishna_23@rediffmail.com

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have account 800000 in my system which should have been picked up instead of 889000.

I dont know what is the issue.Assigning the 800000 account instead of 889000 is very crude solution as the real question is why system should pick up 889000 which is others account.

Any suggestion how to go about and resolve the issue ?

Regards,

manOO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoo,

Kindly check the access sequence for account determination via

IMG>Sales & Distribution>Basic functions>Account Assignment/Costing>Revenue Account Determination-->Define Access Sequence and Account Determination Type

prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you check VKOA assignment, You should get a solution.

Incase if it is tax condition type, check T.Code OB40 & check the G/L assigned to Account Key / Transaction Key.

In the transaction, where wrong G/L account is determined, go to Revenue account determination & check based on what combination is the wrong G/L account determined & take corrective action.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Transaction VF02, enter the billing document and then review the Account determination Analysis by using the path Environment -> Account Determination Analysis.

This should tell you from where system is determining the Account 889000.

Hope this helps.

REgards

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the T.Code: VKOA assignment. It is possible that wrong G/L is maintained in the combination.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto FS00 and create G/L account if its not there in your company code... copy the same a/c no from other company code.

Ramki