Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh / decommission IDM repositories 8.0

former_member243324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

Do you have any document / standard operation procedure / suggestion how to refresh and decommission IDM 8.0 repositories?

I searched this topic in forum and SAP note, no luck. Please advice, thank you~

Regards,

Shunji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shunji,
               RDS package for 8.0 will be released Sep 29th so this maybe an easier option.

Thanks,

Chris

former_member243324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Therefore, RDS package allow me to refresh the repositories?

Regards,

Shunji

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shunji,

Steps prior to removal of repository should be similar to that of 7.2 which is explained in below link,

SAP released a job to remove repository in RDS package for 7.2

I assume we would get a similar job in RDS package for 8.0 which is due by next week, I guess 29th Sept.

Kind regards,

Jai

former_member243324
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for this information.

Regarding the step 1, "Find all users that only exist in that repository and (if required) deactivate / delete them", can I NOT to delete any users?

I want to recreate the same repositories  ( With same repositories name ) without removing any users in backend system. Is it possible?

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shunji,

To refresh a repository in your IDM 8.0 you can simply rerun the initial load part of the repository package.

• New users will be imported into IDM and updated with info found in the target system
  • Existent users will be updated with the data found in the target system

To remove repositories you can create a job with different passes.

1. A "to database" pass, where you select all the privileges of the repository and delete them.
  2. A second pass to delete the account assignment to the users.

But for the repository removal you could, as Jai mentioned, wait for the RDS solution which will contain a repository removal job.

Best Regards,

Laurent

former_member243324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Re-run the initial load won't resolve my issue, we setup the repositories before installed the SP1,

We have Centralized Provisioning uses MX_AC_APPLICATION_ID instead of AC_APPLICATION_ID repository constant.

Based on SAP note - 2343436, I should install SP02 with Patch Lv7, however I would like to refresh / reinstall the repository instead.

For your suggestion,

To remove repositories you can create a job with different passes.

1. A "to database" pass, where you select all the privileges of the repository and delete them.
  2. A second pass to delete the account assignment to the users.

Can I just delete the repository without delete users? If yes, what is the risk?

Thank you.

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a particular reason why the patch cannot be installed?

To delete repositories you can follow these steps.

1. open the provisioning to the repository
  2. Delete all privileges from the ID store
  3. Delete all attributes that are specific to that repository from the IDStore
  4. Delete the repository...

With this no users will be deleted in the identity store nor backend system.

Best regards,

Laurent