cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert configuration for comm. channel errors in ICO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on PI 7.3 dual stack system and wanted to configure alerting. All our scenarios use file to file communication (using SFTP) and are configured as ICOs. I cannot use CBMA as i am on 7.3.

I searched on SDN and came across few blogs on how to configure alert framework via ALRTCATDEF and SCOT, creating rule in Alert configuration of RWB. After doing all the steps when i tested with report - RSALERTTEST ; it sends email as expected.

Also alert emails are triggered for mapping errors (in scenario where mapping is configured).

However no emails are sent for comm. channel errors configured with ICO.

I read link - https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/4b/b30db925cc3c1de10000000a42189b/frameset.htm?origina...

which mentions few changes to be done in NWA and SXMB_ADM for using old alert framework instead of CBMA.

But when i try to add ALERTING_TARGET in IE configuration in SXMB_ADM under category MONITORING, it gives error 'provide a valid subparameter'.

NWA settings are done and PI server was restarted.

I have added the AE parameters as mentioned in blog -

Any idea why comm channel errors are not captured? and why I am not able to add ALERTING_TARGET parameter in SXMB_ADM? Does old alert framework support errors in ICO / AAE?

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

• You no need to add ALERTING_TARGET  in SXMB_ADM, this parameter is only for later versions where both old alert framework and CBMA is available.
  • If you select no restriction then you will receive all kind of errors.

Check this document.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman, Praveen,

Thanks for your replies.

Yes,  I have added SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE,  SXMS_ADAPTER_ERRT to my alert category.

I also deleted all historical alerts using report RSALERTPROC and generated new error in comm channel.

I did receive an empty alert email after executing RSALERTTEST but no alert email with proper details.

Also when i execute SXMSALERT_LOGREADER, it does not show me any error from AE. It only shows log for errors from IE.

I have checked "no restriction" option and also unchecked "Suppress multiple alerts" in Alert config in RWB

What am i missing here? All steps are done as per the doc

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Are you getting alerts in Alert Inbox?

Check the below link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I get alerts in alert inbox as well as in outlook only when i run the RSALERTTEST report. Otherwise i get alerts for only IE engine failures. Nothing for AE errors.

And when i execute report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER i see log for IE errors as shown in below screenshot.

The program - SXMS_ALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET is not valid anymore as I am on PI 7.3. How will the AE errors fetched? Is any config missing?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

As per the link if you configure that should be enough.

did you select correct interface details in the condition section?

And also check the debugging link which I provided or re-configure entire alert and check.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Did you add the adapter type and error category in alert rule?

check the below discussion,You should be able to generate alerts for channels as well