Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan E2E Monitoring and Alerting grey Metric PSE CERT

rsnit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

i get stucked at our E2E Monitoring and Alerting infrastructure. We have several metrics for Alerting on our Monitoringinfrastructure. Only one metric "expired PSE Certificates" makes some trouble. Therefor we just getting grey metric's -> no values were sent for DATA Provider E2E_CONFIG_VAL type PULL_RFC. So i checked Note 1985351 - Check : DPC Pull ST Extractor is activated if the ST EXTRACTOR is active, it is....

Managed system configuration for the satellite system is also green at all. ST Extractor also reports no error , checked in Note 2010120 - Check : ST Extractor reports no error in SAP Solution Manager 7.1.  Now we have activated the DEBUG Option for the ST Extractor, i will post the result to the thread as soon as possible.

Does anybody has a hint what we can check additionally?

Best regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For hints, check for job log at SM21, also the PSE can be rectified through usage of t-code STRUST.

Also would ask to check out the below in the meanwhile while you get the audit report of DEBUGGING, so that you might get your kind of error's solution before even required to post us the issue

Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure Analysis Tools - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

SOLMAN 7.1 Technical Monitoring - System Monito... | SCN

Editing Metric Types - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Thanks,

Kaushik

rsnit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

we want to check to pse automatically, so manually looking in strust is not suitable. Unfortunately when we set the ST DPC PULL CORE to DEBUG it looks like that nothing writes an information. we checked in se16 in table E2E_DPC_RECEIVE , there are no records listed after set it to DEBUG.

Also in SLG1 i tried to check the log for Object E2E_ALERTING and subobject PROVIDER. But there is also nothing listed. I will try to check the mentioned steps again under:

https://www.sapsolutionmanagerdemo.com/prp/index.html?gpname=gp_dpc_e2e_config_val_predefined

when i have new info i will post it down in this thread

best regards

robert

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If its related to this issue update, then can post below. Or if new matter, then, please do post by creating new thread.

Coming back to the issue.

Considering your present given Terms & Conditions, Did you check in you Visual Admin tool, whether the certificate is properly there or not, because you know that we would refer this certificate if using generally HTTP services, which is here Grey Metric Alert?

Was wondering why STRUST not possible, you are considering? because through that the cert can be renewed also.

Anyways sapgenpse is located in your /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSxx/exe folder.

Its commands and switches are the same, you can use the <sid>adm user to create PSE and your credential files (to avoid accessibility problems).

In this matter, I think an extensive search on "How to renew SAPROUTER certificate" would give you a lot more answers. Its somehow all the same matter applies here also.

Generally PSE certificate, you are to renew & put every year. If its expired, you can easily renew the same using your SAP Service-Market Id(Its totally Free-of-Cost service)

Thanks,

Kaushik

rsnit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

we found solution for the grey pse metrics

2367789 - Technical Monitoring: Wrong rating for metric "Expiring PSE Certificates per Instance" and "Expiring ABAP/J2EE Certificates"

2367218 - ST 7.10 SP15 (SP14, Sp13) SysMon: grey metric Expiring ABAP certifates or J2EE certifates

after implementing the mentioned note the grey metrics for expiring pse certs are gone.

issue is solved

nevertheless thanks for support!

br

robert

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, Great to hear that you have solved the matter on your own. So, I just thought to add a little bit more knowledge to your excitement which I can really understand because I have been in those scenarios where I was not able to get a single piece of solution from anywhere, obviously was not using SCN at that time, so I solved my matter on my own or by calling friends only. So I would in this context would love you to go through the below mentioned document for further use in SCN. Please go through the below documents point-to-point carefully.

Thanks,

Kaushik

rsnit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

we already checked the mentioned links because we had a little bit more problems in monitoring few months ago but the reason for the grey metrics was not in solman configuraiton but in database performance. db_cache_size was too small (too less read and write requests on database). so we increased the parameter, the most of the grey metrics are gone. except the pse cert metric so we checked the mentioned links for investigation of grey metrics again... till we found the above mentioned notes for the pse cert.

so thanks in advance for helpful information and best regards

Answers (0)