cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SAP Business One with full SAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

A potential customer with supermarkets and cash and carries has the full SAP ERP system. We are a small consumer products company and are considering whether to use Business One in the cloud. Of particular significance is the ability to integrate with the customer system from a order, goods received, invoicing, receivables perspective. I was talking to an SAP online customer care person and was pointed in this direction but not sure whether it is the correct forum.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok , To answer your matter, 1st I would like to inform that you need to know that like ERP PO creation is there & also in case of Business-One PO creation is there. You can try doing sync using a RFC connection create from ERP system. In that scenarion you can use the landscape as frontend you create the PO in B1 & let the details get transmitted/synced to the ERP in the Back-end. But you also need to ke3ep in mind that if you create PO in B1 it would be a case when you again for the same vendor/customer, you create another PO or change the same PO in ECC/ERP-systems because the correspondance(not-all) fields are not the same in both cases.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kaushik.  Thanks for your reply, it is appreciated.

CAn you you give me a view of how hard this is - from 1-10 say, and how much technical capability one needs to have. Also does one need extensive help from the customer (ERP) side?

THanks. Joao.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1st let me know your requirements, It depends whether you would opt for any spoecific Industry-Solution or not. Say your business in like a Butcher-Shop or Meat selling shop, so here best is taking B1, say you are in retail or pharmacy, so here its better to have a CRM for entering the data & backend as ECC system. I am just trying to make you understand through examples, so please forgive me if I offended by using any words here.

Coming back to what till now I understood your case that you want to put B1 in front-end & let the data synced in a ECC system at back-end. So, its also a very good SAP structure. For this matter SAP came up with a solution called QuickSizing & PAM(Product Availibility Matrix) in the SAP standard website, This can be found by browsing,

Product Availability Matrix | SAP Support Portal

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/release-upgrade-maintenance/upgra...

Quick Sizer Tool | SCN

SAP Business One Performance | SCN

Note :- Moving in further, after implementing this landscape, some scenarios would come to you like some PurchaseOrder or SalesOrder fields can only be edited via ECC not B1, recommended is using B1 & making the entry through B1 only if the modification is not happening through B1, then only you modify using ECC that also through a proper relevant module Consultant person.

Coming back to your primary queries :-

Can you you give me a view of how hard this is - from 1-10 say

In SAP, every scenario for a known personnel is very easy to sort out, but the person who is totally illiterate needs a little bit time to take up the pace. But believe me, its very easy & flexible too in terms of usage 7 that is why its the topmost used ERP solution across the Globe, I would rate myself 8 out of 10, can vary from person to person.

how much technical capability one needs to have

For the Front-end users you can give some basic trainings & patch them up for start using, its very easy for them to catch-up if any person knows how to just handle a simple-System. Anyways, for the technical matters & issues, that would be carried-out by the correspondance SAP Moduled persons or you can also just let us know & we would love to help ypu with your any sort of SAP issues.

does one need extensive help from the customer (ERP) side?

To answer this query of yours, There is Technical & Functional Moduled persons-2 categories. So,Lets start with my example, I am a technical-module person, so till now in my current company for more than 2 years never had to visit a Plant or say your case Front-end side, small matters can be done on remote or just calling over the phone to explain. For a functional module, say for a MM, its very rare to visit a Plant, for your front-end its really not matter here, because once if the front-end faces any issues, they will report to the correspondence person & can take care from back-end. Now say for our Production matter as we are into Garment industry, our Production-Planning person from time to time need to visit the correspondence plants for the required data & if not properly format-entry done to demonstrate them(demonstration can be done on remote or on phone also).

Hope this description helps. Let me know if you require any further clarity or any other question is popping on your mind. Any ways as you can buy the SAP module from directly SAP or a SAP-Partner, can be done using a local vendor also(but can charge extra for this), so its better to have a call/direct-meeting with a Sales Executive from SAPLabs. Don't worry, they are sales person only to make their product sales & so you can have the meeting at your office too whether you buy or not buy the any Solution also or take time to buy a New SAP Solution. HaHaHa....Just Kidding...

Can also for a SALES-call can just drop a mail by following in the below,

E-mail Addresses | SAP Support Portal

Alternatively also can fill-up the contact-us form provided in the below of http://service.sap.com

Hope I was able to properly address your query.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would really appreciate, that if you feel that you got your answer what you were looking for, then it would really help us if you could close the discussion thread.

If you feel any questions are there still on your mind in particular, then , we love to hear that & I would be happy to help you with suitable answers for that.

In case you have realized that This SCN is not a sales area here & we can not provide business negotiations because any SAP Product buying can vary cost as per dealings with SAP through the relevant Sales Team only, so, I think, this to an extent that we can provide answers here.

Anyways,

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kaushik. My apologies for late reply - I was traveling and not really able to give this proper attention. I appreciate your help on my queries - I am now better prepared to make some decisions and engage with the correct people in SAP. I do consider query answered and will close discussion.