cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Planning Board - Date Scheduling and Activity % weightage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Experts,

I am trying to use the Date Scheduling and Project Planning Board functionality for the first time. Our user has a clear requirement as under :-

Major Activities performed  - (% weightage)

1.Engineering                -     10 

2.Procurement               -     30

3.Execution                    -     40

4.Capitalization               -    20

Each major activity has multiple sub-activities(activity elements/milestones) which should have individual weightages allocated.e.g.

1.Engineering -  10%

a.ABC       -   30%

b.XYZ        -  70%

Based on date scheduling for each sub-activity, once completed, system should calculate % completion of major activity say e.g.

1.Engineering -  10% - Completion % - 50

a.ABC       -   30% - Completed - 100%

b.XYZ        -  70%

Where can % weightages be allocated?

How can Scheduled Start/Finish dates be allocated to sub-activities, instead of getting auto picked w.r.t main activities

Please suggest.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Asif/ken,

Thank you for reverting, was finding it difficult to proceed even at basic level. But since my last post I've gained understanding of scheduling and project Analysis report. First let me share  what I've done in the system based on what the user requires.

1. Gave % weight-age to specific wbs based on work. In this case WBS Engineering holds 15% value.

2. Gave % weight-age and assigned dates to specific activities which would sum upto 100%.

3. Then executed CNE5 and got the output to somewhat where I want to be.

Now my question is  -

1.How do I get the WORK overall % to be 100 instead of 400 and calculate as the activities get confirmed?

2.How to make the WEIGHT % calculate automatically as the activities get confirmed.

Please guide.

Thanx in advance.

asifkamal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mazal,

1. How do I get the WORK overall % to be 100 instead of 400 and calculate as the activities get confirmed?

You need to maintain POC % Weight, Progress Version & POC Calculation Method in Activity Progress Tab as mentioned below in screen. First you need to do configuration for all this in SPRO.

1. How to make the WEIGHT % calculate automatically as the activities get confirmed.

Yes, when you confirmed Activity POC weightage % will automatically calculated in the System.

First you need to Run Transaction CNE1 then you can see the result in CNE5 Report.

Please follow the same steps as mentioned in these threads.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1127555

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3234944

Regards,

ASIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Asif,

Thank you for your revert.

As you can see the user has pre-defined  -:

1. % of 4 major activities  - Engineering - 15, Procurement - 35%, Execution - 40%, Capitalization - 10%.

2. Sub-activities under each major head have been given individual weightages which calculate to 100% , so in other words  if :-

e.g. for Engineering if all activities are 

1.Act 1 = 25% --> Confirmed = 100%

2.Act 2 = 30% --> Confirmed = 100%

3.Act 3 = 15% --> Confirmed = 100%

4.Act 4 = 30% --> Confirmed = 100%

then Engineering should be 15% else show % based on number of sub-activities completed of 15%.

My question is before I go ahead ans do the customization in SPRO, will the stated steps by you achieve this?

Please guide.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

asifkamal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mazal,

Yes, you can maintain/allocate Percentage weightages for Activity Element in Progress Tab. First you need to do configuration for Progress Analysis. For details please follow this thread.

I have also tested this scenario.

Regards,

M. Asif

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the Progress tab you will specify the calculation procedure used to roll up the percentage of completions.  Like Muhammad said this is through Progress Analysis and not Date Scheduling.