Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing AS - MaxDB

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've already tried installing "SAP NetWeaver Application Server" for 5 times, and I've followed many related topics in this forum, but it doesn't go right at all !

Please, could anybody help-me?

The error (in summary) is:

MaxDB: Calling: "c:/sapdb/programs/bin/x_server.exe" start

MaxDB: 18641 ERROR: XSERVER is already running!

MaxDB: command failed: <DBMException -24950 ERR_USRFAIL User authorization failed>

MaxDB sdbuninst: cannot remove package "Database Kernel": first you have to remove all instances

MaxDB sdbuninst: fatal error at Th, May 03, 2007 at 10:57:46

Thanks,

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

it seems to me that you're trying to install on a machine where there's already a MAxDB installation or some parts of a previous installation still exist.

Please have a look at the following notes, they should tell you howto correctly cleanup your system of MaxDB and afterwards try the installation again:

<a href="https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=DISPL_TXT&_NNUM=599129&_NLANG=EN>">599129: Using SDBUNINST to uninstall MaxDB/SAP DB software</a>

<a href="https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=DISPL_TXT&_NNUM=572836&_NLANG=EN>">572836: Deleting the SAP DB Registry and service entries</a>

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Roland

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roland.

Thank you.

I did everything that's in the notes, but still got the same problem.

Regards

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you show me the latest error message, is it really identical?

Regards,

Roland

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

the log file is very big, but the latest error lines are:

MaxDB: 18641 ERROR: XSERVER is already running!

dropping database instance: JP1

command failed: <DBMException -24950 ERR_USRFAIL User authorization failed>

MaxDB sdbuninst: cannot remove package "Database Kernel": first you have to remove all instances

MaxDB sdbuninst: fatal error at Th, May 03, 2007 at 15:32:48

I still can't see where exactly the problem starts, but I would like to know why it's uninstalling the packages, using the "sdbuninst.exe".

Do you think it's normal, in the 24% of the installation ? (that's when it stops)

Thank you!

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it it runs sdbuninst, because it could still find an existing MaxDB installation on the machine, as it seems the XServer service was running! Check to see in the Windows Services if you see this XServer Service running.

So if you have an existing instance, which is not needed anymore, you would need to drop it, then deinstall the MaxDb software completely, then reinstall.

Another way to reinstall would be to format, reinstall OS and start from scratch...

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Looks like the MaxDB on your Windows might have become inconsistent.

Even after following all the steps mentioned by Roland, if you still get the error, you can mark the MaxDB on your machine as inconsistent by running the following command:

...\sapdb\programs\bin\sdbverify --set_corrupted_invalid

This should mark all the installed packages invalid and you should be able to re-install MaxDB.

Regards

Srikishan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I decided for an older version of NetWeaver. It seems to be more stable and reliable.

Thanks everybody.