cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we find all success & error log for particular interface message with payload data on daily base.

former_member221434
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

How can we find all success & error message log for a particular interface  with payload data on daily base.

Actually i have requirement that collect all success or error message log with payload data for a interface. I have checked sxmb_moni but there i found only current day message and rwb show only current 1000 message while i have checked in log viewer there found only error message without payload data.

Please advice me where we can find all message log with payload data and how can we monitor a particular interface and store  all message log with payload data .

Thank You in Advance.

BR,

Pradeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member221434
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Thanks to all.

We can not retain log for particular interface in Classical Scenario but we can retain  log for particular interface in ICO scenario using logging.

BR,

Pradeep Kumar

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Pradeep,

close the thread if your query is addressed.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please configure archive process and retention periods for the interfaces you need.

Any other solution would not be recommend.

former_member221434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen/Raghu,

I have requirement to store message log with payload data at least one month for a particular interface. 

Actually third party said they sent request to pi  and got error response but i have checked system  trace log on that date(17 sep) i did not find any log for that  interface.

My team want all messages log for that interface on same date(17 sep) so they can verify all request data that came from third party.

Thank you,

BR,

Pradeep Kumar

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As, i have already mention you can not check old data for sync scenario. you can check only those data which is processed after enabling sync log.

Small correction,

Failed messages log will be visible without enabling sync log. As you have only same day data in you log and archiving/deleting old log. you have to check your archive data if possible.

Regards,

Gaurav

Message was edited by: Gaurav Kant

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

• It is not recommended to log synchronous messages in production environment, did you see my reply above??
  • If PI received the message and failed then you can see it in PI, error messages will be logged in PI
  • If they sent the request and you dont find it in the system then this call not even reaching to PI, this call may be before reach to PI it failed, so ask them what error they got, tell them to send the error trace.
  • These messages even if you log you dont find it in the system, May be these messages failed in web dispatcher level some kind of timeout.
  • First identify the root cause of the error not just enable the logging.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member221434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have checked Archived XML Message tab in SXMB_MONI but there nothing found. I think archiving is not using .

If I enable syn_logging parameter in SXMB_ADM then all message(success or fail) are coming

but it contains only one day back message .

Can I increase time (at least 15 day) for message log available in sxmb_moni and rwb.

BR,

Pradeep Kumar

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Go to SXMB_ADM and check the retention period of messages. And increase it to 15 days as steps given in provided link.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member221434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am agree with your point and same thing i have suggested my team but they want check payload data with third party data.

Please correct me If i am wrong .

All messages log should be store in database. could i get all message log from database .

if i configure  archive and deletion in my system then can i find all message log of previous day for particular interface.

BR,

Pradeep Kumar

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep.

To log Sync messages as well check the discussion I shared.

If you archive you can check but if you delete it you cant.

Better to keep the archiving period as per requirement so that you can see the messages but ensure its not affecting the system performance.

former_member221434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I have already maintain this parameter in sxmb_adm and getting all(success or fail) message  but i am able to see only one day back message.

Could you suggest me parameter name that i can see at least 15 day back message in sxmb_moni & RWB

Thank you all,

BR,

Pradeep

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep,

• By default successful synchronous messages persisted duration is zero that means whenever delete job runs all the successful synchronous messages will be deleted from the system.
  • By default synchronous error messages will be deleted after one day.
  • If you want to change this you need to add below parameters in SXMB_ADM.

The reason for you are seeing one day messages because delete job runs once a day.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member221434
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

I am using SAP PI 7.4 dual stack and all scenario synchronous (SAOP-->PI--->Proxy).

I have checked message status overview in message monitor but i did not find any old message and also checked in sxmb_moni for previous date but did not find any old message for data 17,18 sept.

Sxmb_moni contain current day's data and message monitor(database) contain current 1000 message.

Please below check screen shots.

BR,

Pradeep Kumar

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

By default synchronous messages are not logged in SXI_MONITOR or in RWB. and it is not recommended.

Check in performance monitor in RWB->Perfornce Monitor.

Regards

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

In case if you wish to log Sync messages,you can refer the below discussion

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3244689

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Check with your basis team, hope they are archiving logs for previous day.

And by default sync log messages will be disabled and to check sync messages you have to ask basis to enable it, after enabling sync log, the newly processed messages only you can see in log older messages you cannot check. 

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav and Raghu,

It is not recommended to log synchronous messages in production environment, it will cause performance issues.

Check section 10.1 in below document

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Yes,but for some critical requirements we do log it.

And that's why I said in case required refer the link.

former_member221434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please could  you suggest me how can identify messages are archiving and where those messages are store.

how can enable sync log and those message logs are available at least for a month

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Pradeep Kumar

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please check the below link for archive the messages.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0afdd69-a8a7-2d10-7e9a-cbf6fa21c...

you can follow up the same procedure and maintain the retention period to your desired duration.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw75/helpdata/en/57/a9a9f55a9c428ba1e3f70dedc4d932/content.htm?frameset=...
SXMB_MONI will cover only ABAP stack objects technology based interafces.

It is best to check in the Runtime workbench.

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

you can change the date in sxmb_moni to get old payload data and in RWB also you can change time period to get old data and log.

Also you can select custom period.

Moni:

RWB:

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I dont know your version, you can find it under Message Status Overview screen.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Go to Message Monitoring-->Database Overview.

There you can filter based on time and interface and export as Excel sheet.