cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to read the current value of a BEX variable via a function module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, is it possible to read the current value of a BEX variable via a function module?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Gerd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gerd,

and where do you want to use the replaced variable value? You have to provide more context information.

The simple way is to create a dummy exit variable, you may replace the value with a constant; in the exit you get the already replaced variables. Check the documentation of exit variables.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

thanks for your answer. I want to use the results of the function module to fill 0fiscyear and 0fiscper3 from a variable value for 0fiscper in a FOX FORMULA. I have already written user exit variables for 0fiscyear and 0fiscper3 which I have introduced in the filter for my planning function type FOX FORMULA but these user exit varibles are not processed when I run my planning sequence with the FOX FORMULA in it. So I need to find another way to get the correct values for 0fiscper3 and 0fiscyear from 0fiscper.

Gerd

0 Kudos

Hi Gerd,

what about VARV in FOX?

Again, it is unclear why you have redundant time characteristics in the aggregation level. Usually, this is not a good idea. Without 0FISCPER3, 0FISCYEAR int the aggregation level the problem vanishes.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor, thanks for your answer. Is it possible to read variable values from other aggregation levels? I need 0FISCPER3 and 0FISCYEAR in the aggregation level in order to build an input ready query that has 0FISCYEAR in the filter via a variable that is entered by the user and a structure that contains every month in the input ready query.

Gerd