cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theta join in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please excuse mistakes! I'm not very fluent in English.

I have two tables. CALENDAR and CLAIM_EVENTS. I want to insert a theta join in a universe to test date of calendar between two dates of my second table.

The expression generated seems to be OK (BETWEEN), but when I click on Detect cardinality, IDT goes on and ends with the message "Could not detect cardinality" a very long time after i clicked.

So, I insert cardinality manually and click OK.

When I make the check integrity on the universe, I get the message that IDT is not able to parse the join expression.

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the join expression and is it validated in the Joins window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the expression :

d_calendar.dt between clmevnt_edn and clmevnt_edx

No, the joins window doesn't validate this expresssion, that is my problem! IDT goes on for a very long time till i cancel the validation. Why?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not see any issue with your expression.it should work.Even i have same type of join in IDT and it is working.

Better to raise the issue with SAP support team.

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mounir,

If it's just a warning in the Integrity Check, then you don't have to worry about it, just ignore it as long as you've manually defined the accurate cardinality. It'll still work when you create a report.

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

No, it is not a warning so i cannot build a report. It seems to be because the table calendar has a join with another table and the CLAIM_EVENTS table too..

I tried something yesterday: I create un alias of the two tables CALENDAR  and CLAIM_EVENTS, put them in a specific context and create the theta_join. I put manually the cardinality(n,n) and done the check. In this configuration, it works, but i still dont know why in the original config it doesn't work!

Thanks to all.

Sorry, i still have the message at check integrity of universe. Look at attached file.

Can some one explain me how to paste text in this window?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No body to help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you see the message error detail? Is it a SQL error?

If yes, you need to correct the SQO expression.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, It's not a SQL error. When i execute this expression with TOAD there's no problem.