cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound SOAP Messages Stuck in PI 7.1 Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Messages are getting stuck in Adapter Engine with status "to be delivered" and after some times status changes to "system error". I tried to resend the messages but facing same problem.

For most of the SOAP receiver we are facing this issue in production environment and the error details are mentioned below:

"Delivering the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error."

"SOAP: error occured: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"

"Adapter Framework caught exception: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"

Please guide us to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

You get the HTML response with status code 500 from the web service that is why it is failing.Check more information under log viewer.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

can you please share the url to access "Message Details -> Further Links -> Log Viewer"

Thanks,

Regards,

Vinoth

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

It is message monitor screen only.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

In PI 7.1 i couldn't find the log viewer option.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Vinoth,

since the receiver is returning this error, the responsible team for the receiver should check in their logs why this error occurs. HTTP500 can be caused by various reasons.

Another possibility is to log the message via XPI Inspector, maybe the error response is more detailed.

Kind regards

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claudia,

Thanks for your reply.

Web-service team is working on it. Even they tried to send the pay load through SOAP UI and facing same error.

Meanwhile I will try to check it with XPI Inspector.

Regards,

Vinoth

0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

First check whether target system is up and running fine.

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajinkya,

Target system is up and few messages processing after resend. But still many messages getting this error.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vinoth

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

If your system support then configure TraceHTTP parameter as per my blog below then you can see actual request and response.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

As per your blog, it will support from PI 7.31 SP09.

Here we are using PI 7.11

Regards,

Vinoth

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Then As Manoj suggested take the payload and call the web service using SOAP UI and see what the web service is returning.

Or you can setup TCP Gateway as per the below blog.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I tried to send payload through SOAP UI, but its throwing same error "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error".

Thanks.

Regards,

Vinoth

0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Is it like some messages are getting processed successfully but some are not?

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajinkya,

All the receiver SOAP messages are with the status "To Be Delivered" and if if resend it is processing. Automatic process is not happening.

While checking Engine Status, I found SOAP receiver was assigned maximum threads / Working:

Solution given for this issue is to STOP and START the Services (SAP XI AF Messaging).

Kindly let me know your suggestions please.

Regards

Vinoth

0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I faced same kind of issue, what happened was each message taking good amount of time to process due to which rest of the messages were stucked in To Be Delivered Status.

Kindly check all threads are getting occupied due to message load? like maximum threads are 5 in above case, so check whether all 5/5 threads are occupied or not.

If so then this might be due to performance issue.

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajinkya,

Thanks for your reply.

As i mentioned earlier, "SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/SystemRecv" alone occupied with 5/5 threads.

How to clear those threads?

Regards

Vinoth

0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Threads are occupied means messages are already in process, please check how much time one message took to processed successfully?

If your message is taking good amount of time to get process then due to this rest of the messages will get stucked in TBD status.

If so you have to check performance at receiver service end.

You cant clear threads, what approach I used was, stop receiver communication channel, wait till messages comes into system error so threads will get released, and then resend failed messages manually.

Regards,

Ajinkya

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinoth,

There are numerous reason for HTTP 500:

Invalid request being sent and the web service is not able to process that request.

The Content type expected by web service is different.

Issue with webservice.

if possible try with SOAP UI and try to compare the payload as well as request header.

br,

Manoj