Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between IBP and SOP

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Currently i am working on APO (DP & SNP) modules and planning to learn IBP using SAP.HELP.COM and some other sources.

I am little bit confused to under stand connection between IBP & SOP.

In SOP we have SOP200 & SOP300 materials and where as in IBP we have IBP 200 to 600 materials.

Is it required to read SOP ( 200 & 300 ) to work on IBP also.

Please confirm.

Thanks and Regards

Srinivas Thummala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

HI Srinivas

Only SOP 200 should suffice which is foundation for all IBP.

SOP 300 is advanced course for SOP.

Vivek

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When IBP was developed, only the SOP existed and hence the name of the system was SOP, like SOP 3.1 etc

After a while when more functionality came in, and with jump from release 3 to 4 it was renamed to IBP, and SOP was only one of the modules and not the whole system and more.

Similar to SCM, which started with APO and was renamed from APO 3.x to SCM 4.x with release change and more components in it.

I guess, that the names of the courses still remain from that time.

So, IBP 200 and SOP 200 should be more or less the same, except I am NOT 100% sure if SOP 200 would be still on the SOP3.1 release. Reason for that could be that SOP system of release 3 are still available on premise with some live customer, but since IBP 4 upwards it is only available in the cloud.

If you want to attend a course, I recommend IBP 200 first which is kind of foundation to all IBP modules . IBP 300 is than advanced modelling, still kind of foundation which is valid for all modules within IBP system. Courses like IBP 500 for example than concentrate on the specific functionality of Control Tower , which does not exist on SOP 3.x-releases.

If you find only SOP 200 in your desired time frame and region instead of IBP200, I suggest you doublecheck with training department on which release system and documentation would be.

Bye the way, some time in 2017 there should be an introduction course with overview to all modules, likely called IBP 100.

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Irmhild Kuntze,

Thanks for your information.

For my understand current version of SOP is SOP 3.X and this is last version of SOP and then everything moved to IBP.

IBP latest verison is IBP 6.X

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

yes, correct understanding

As long as you do not have a customer that only can work on premise, you should aim for the IBP200/300/etc courses

If this answers your question, it would be nice to close the thread

Kind regards

Irmi

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

Is it possible for you to share any link to understand IBP functionality/Over view ( Like webinar videos on IBP / SAP related IBP videos)

As of now i gone through this link and some videos are available on the same.

To practice IBP we need to have S/4 HANA or S/4 HANA Finance system.

Please confirm.

Thanks and Regards

Srinivas Thummala

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

IBP can be used standalone. However, IBP is a planning solution and not supporting execution processes, so most customers have an ERP / S/4 system to serve that purpose.

Below are some links that should provide you with a good introduction.

Best Regards,

Anna

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Linden,

Thanks for your valuable information.

So for my understanding i can practice IBP on S/4 HANA finance system also if IBP is configured properly.

If yes can you please help me how to open IBP in the system.

I have got test system access (S/4 HANA finance system) but unable to find any thing related to IBP.

Later i will practice based on some blogs/help.com/some other resources for IBP.

Thanks and Regards

Srinivas Thummala

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

S/4 HANA Finance and SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) are two completely seperate systems. You will not find anything in S/4 pointing to IBP.

What is the process that you want to cover anyway?

Best Regards,
Anna

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Linden,

When I am checking with my basis team they told they have two hana systemss (s/4 hana and s/4 hana finance system) and required settings for IBP is done in S/4 HANA finance system.

How to confirm my basis team on IBP is working or not

First i need to practice ibp demand and then slowly supply and remaining ibp modules.

Please help me on this.

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

I think you might be looking at the wrong solution here. Within S/4 finance, there is an Integrated Business Planning for SAP simple finance.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sfin200/helpdata/en/c9/5ad35225d10026e10000000a4450e5/frameset.htm

That has absolutely nothing to do with the SAP Integrated Business Planning solution that we are discussing in this community. As you can see in the links that I provided earlier.

Best Regards,

Anna

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Linden,

Thanks for your valuable information and can i ask my basis team to create my account in S/4hana for practicing ibp for demand or  not?

If my account is created in S/4 hana how can I test IBP working or not.

Please help me on this.

Thanks and Regards

Srinivas Thummala

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

you cannot. As mentioned it is two completely seperate systems.

You need an additional license to test IBP for demand.

Best Regards,
Anna

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Linden,

Thanks for your information and hence iam closing this thread.

Answers (0)