cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA11 Require reason codes for movements for HUs

former_member235613
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to require reason codes to be entered when posting Handling Units from QA11? We are trying to require them for 350 movements. Making the reason code required in OMJJ for the 350 movement seems to have the desired effect in every transaction except QA11 when posting Handling Units. Non-HU managed materials prompt for the reason code correctly when using QA11.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

dante_orlandi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem, i require to set a cost center for VMENGE2 with HU managed.

have you got any feedback? How do you resolved it?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd go ask SAP on this and search OSS.  I would have thought the movement config settings, if not available to be modified in the HU config area, would otherwise be honored.  Appears not.

I don't have anything more for you at this time.

Craig

former_member235613
Participant
0 Kudos

Already done I'll follow up here with what they say. That reminds me, I need to update my old median thread with the Customer Connection solution they put in.

dante_orlandi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem, i require to set a cost center for VMENGE2 with HU managed.

have you got any feedback? How do you resolved it?

former_member235613
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Arijit and Craig. I don't think any of the suggestions will do what we want. We currently have reports for blocked stock that show the reason code. This is used for our users that tend to forget why they put inventory in blocked stock and works very well for our non-HU and HU items that aren't tied to the inspection lot. This one scenario where HU management is on and inventory is tied to the UD is the only shortcoming so far.

Do either of you think enhancement "QEVA0001  Enhancement: Quantity posting for usage decision" might give more options?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like there are two issues here.

1) Make sure a reason code is entered into the inspection lot when a stock posting is done to blocked stock.  That should be able to be done with one of the exits suggested.  I don't know if QEVA0001 would help since I think it's meant to automatically do the proposal of stock posting and not necessarily the reason code.  Maybe it does.  I'm not sure.

2) The reports you mention are probaby working off of the movement types.  It's probably only looking at movement types 343.  QA postings are usually using 350 movement type.  The report might need to be updated to look at 350 movements.

Craig

former_member235613
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm actually referring to the reason code for the movement type, not for the inspection lot. We have the 350 movement set to require a reason code to be entered via OMJJ. For non-HU lots, this gives us the following pop-up when posting to blocked stock:

As you know, the stock posting screen for HU managed lots is totally different and you pick the movement by the HU number. When I pick to blocked stock for a HU and save no pop-up occurs and the 350 movement goes on like reason for movement isn't required.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing standard that will help you with this.

You might want to read this thread and see if you can apply it to HU's.

Craig

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3857364

I think  Arijit Banerjee  has been here too long! He's getting like me and forgetting solutions he already solved!  🙂

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Can you check the below two enhancements if they are useful to you for the HU-Managed cases -

QEVA0008  Usage decision: Customer function key

QEVA0010  UD: Usage decision check

Thanks, Arijit