cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP cockpit users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to create a user that could login to the smp cockpit and only be able to view / disconnect users?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

I don't think there is a way to do this yet.  The BASIS or Admin team or IT team who installed SMP 3.0 has the power to disconnect users.  This will be a feature request or change request that is tied to granting role specific capabilities for SMP 3.0 cockpit. Some of SAP products can do such a thing, but for this specific version of SMP 3.0, there are no known role specific feature yet tied to user connection capabilities.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

THank you !  It wouldn't be an issue but I'm having issues that require users to be disconnected from the cockpit and I don't want to give my admin user out to everyone who I would want to give access to disconnect a user. 

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

In this case, this is where you need to start doing the training and what they are not allowed to do.  You may setup your own backup to one of the user but strictly state that they are not allowed to do any changes. 

Also normally to change something requires an Agentry restart to commit the change so that is one action your backup may not be confident to do so unless they have the correct steps or they may ask you a question about it.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark... No not an option.  You know how it goes... Tell someone not to touch something and they can't wait to do it.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

In this case, get together with your SAP account executive and file for a change request or feature request with your details.  Make sure to specify role specific user as a SMP 3.0 feature that can enable only the disconnect part of the cockpit while the others are disabled. You need to be detailed as possible (add pictures and all details like business use case) in your change request discussion with your SAP AE or SAP Partner Manager.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
only be able to view / disconnect users?

Can you share more info on this?

you meant "that user"  can view registrations and also can do deregisrations? Or either one?

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'd like a user that cannot make configuration settings but can disconnect agentry users.  We are having an issue where our app users are getting invalid user or password in the transmit window (even though they've already logged in successfullY) and the only way to resolve is to disconnect them in the cockpit per the kb article I read.