cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP Agentry and Active directory accounts locking out

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just noticed an issue with some ids in our training environment, where the id is okay and then all the sudden when you run a transmit it tells the user that the password is invalid and eventually locks out the account.  Any ideas what setting in the cockpit would help prevent this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this knowledge base article is talking about what we're seeing.  Is there a fix or when this happens you have to disconnect them from the cockpit? 

2165411 - The user ID or password is invalid. Try Again.- Exception caught: Destination custom_USER_AUTH does not exist - Agentry - SMP 3.0:

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

Hi.  I am the author of that SAP KBA # 2165411.  Basically there are two things to know.

1. First the workaround of disconnecting using the cockpit is one action as stated in the SAP KBA article.
  2. The 2nd one is more tied to the version of your SMP 3.0 server.

From our current Support Knowledge, the recommendation is to try: SMP 3.0 SP11 PL02 for the server and cockpit.  Please reference SAP KBA # 2349405 or https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2349405 .

One side note:  There may be another issue tied to user ID or password is invalid but it is more device specific to iOS 10 for iPAD 2 or iPAD air.  If your device is iOS 10 (or 9.2.3.5) with those models then you may be experiencing it.  See reference # https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2355282  for iOS 10 updates (still in progress - or fix is being tested before releasing it).

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark... I'm running SMP 3.0 sp 11 pl03 right now.  SHouldn't I have the fix?

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

You should have 1 fix.  But the issue tied to users connected to the system has multiple solutions.

What is the name of your product or mobile product so I can see if I can give you the other solutions.  I only hope it is one of the version that is still in maintenance not the one that is out of extended maintenance.  It is also mobile product specific.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running the latest agentry wpf client.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

I mean the name of the product as the other solution is based on a Java fix or Java library fix.  What is your mobile product name? So we will need the name of your mobile product like Work Manager, inventory manager and for what backend system (SAP or IBM or Other ERP like Salesforce or custom backend).

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running a custom agentry application with an oracle backend.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

Hmmm.. In this case, you will need to customized your Java library to kill the communication with your Oracle backend and/or if all your I/O is pure Oracle query SQL (or your transaction is actually SQL Oracle) then you may need to play with Agentry SAP Data Markup Language or others to somehow kill the transmit wherein it returns a success OK (1) to the Agentry application.  Reference: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp303sdk/helpdata/en/7c/17626f700610149d0ebdf75f4f052e/content.htm

In theory, for some of our SAP products like Work Manager.  The dev team created a custom Java code to do some time out if the transaction is idle for X long then this Java transmit will kill the session to log out user.

For your customer Oracle backend, this has to be in DB world.  So you may need to play with SDML to do some pre-processing and/or to return OK (Select * from null or something or: Select *
From Foo f
Where Exists
(  

Select null

From Bar b

on b.fooId = f.id
)

) - It prevents to bring data when I don't want data, but just the exist status..

Reference: sql - usage of select null? - Stack Overflow

instead of the full query  to force a shut down.

If this is too complicated or too much work then it will be the kick the user out workaround for now.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark...  How would i know when to interject this sql?  It happens very randomly now? Sometimes it happens when I'm not in a transmit (maybe during the push in the backend).

How can we be sure that we have and long running idle transaction?WE have a pur Oracle query SQL backend.  I have written many queries using the SDML , but I'm not sure where you're suggesting to put it.

Is engineering working on a fix this issue?

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

Well this is again based on the product.  We have products that customized the Java to kill the session.  As I stated there are 1~3 different solutions of which you already have 1 of them. The others are product specific.  But in your case, you have something custom. So you are the dev team for your custom app.  As you stated, you already wrote multiple SDML so you will need to customized how you can track long running transaction that is idle and somehow kill it.  or one of your transaction step is a data state step to check if one is currently still running.  All of this is possible but the goal is to force a stop to indicate to the SMP Agentry server that the transaction transmit is done and over with.

I would study the transmit, transaction steps, data state step and others.  But again, this is in the customization side and hopefully you can design it to the way you need it to work.

Goal is: To let SMP Agentry  know that the transmit is running long or for each transaction do a test (data state) if there is currently something running then do an SDML to do the return true but do not return records but to call the success criteria to end the transmission.  All of this are theoretical responses but until you scope the business logic, it is all theories for now.

Keyword HINT: Data State of an Agentry Transaction to either Run your Step or Skip your Step and/or exit it.

At the end of the day there will be different techniques that you can use but as designer hopefully you can use one that you are comfortable with.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark... How do we know its a long running transaction that is causing this ?

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

This will require a test.  Try to do a test on one user (i.e. JohnSmith mobile user) for one transaction (Oracle) - see how long the connection is that is connected.  You may use TCPView or other tools that tries to see how long this one user is connected. Double check the speed + thread counts available in SMP (in the logs). What you want to see is the thread counts getting released but if you see it going up then that may be an issue.

Again, the dev team on our other products just decided to have some kill mechanism after X long time.  They may have added some hard coded value in the backend (ConfigPanel - not related to yours as you have custom app) but built this with the Java code libraries.

Most of our products nowadays are all interfaced in Java (System connection).  There may be some other techniques you can use for pure SQL.

I may have to divert any other customization question and answer to users/designers who have done this for their project.  All I am stating here are all theoretical statement based on my experience with Agentry.

Regards,

Mark Pe