Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Call: Saving a document into the Expenses Tab

former_member268870
Participant
0 Kudos

Exerts,

I have a client who wants to save  1 Sales Order to multiple Service Calls in the Expenses Tab.

I have looked over the OSCL and SCL4 tables where the links are between the Service Call and the Expense Documents. I have also looked at the ORDR table and did not see a link there that I can manually update with the Service Call number.

SO, from my research I came to this conclusion - please let me know if I'm correct:

• The User cannot update those link fields between a Service Call and a Sales Order
  • Those links are made when you follow the process: Service Call > Expenses > Expense Details > New Document > Sales Order > Add > Update Service call.
  • To have 1 Sales Order linked to many Service Calls are not possible with standard functionality

Regards,

Marli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

narayanis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your conclusion is right.

Can you please tell why one sales order is to be linked to multiple service calls ?

These multiple service calls belong to same customer ?

Regards

Narayani

former_member268870
Participant
0 Kudos

Narayani,

The service call is used to document service for an aircraft and can be linked to only one Customer Equipment Card which we use for the engine information.

An Aircraft can have service done on both Engines which result in Expenses being booked on 2 separate Service Calls. We want to consolidate it.

Thanks,

Marli

narayanis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about creating a UDT and binding all those engines serviced to it. Else creating customer equipment card per engine and adding expense documents.

At present, This is the only way that I can figure it out.

Regards

Narayani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marli,

When you are creating a service call, go to the Expenses tab and click on the Expense Details button.  From here click New Document.  Select the type of document you want to add such as Sales Order. 

This automatically opens up the Sales Order form in Add mode, from here you can go in to Find mode (Cntrl & F), enter the Sales Order number that you want to add, when that is on the screen click OK. 

This will move that sales order number to the Service Call expenses screen where you can update.

Hope this helps.

With Brgds

Shiva