Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical User Security Role for IDoc Adapter Communication

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am setting up a new IDoc Adapter communication in PI 7.4.  In our previous version the technical user used to communicate with the other SAP systems had the security roles of *SAP ALL and *SAP NEW.  However our security policy has changed and we are no longer allowed to use these roles.  I am having some difficulty figuring out what role or roles are needed for PI to send an IDoc to another SAP system.

Can someone point me to a document that would help us to know?  Or can someone tell me what roles you use in your technical user?

All helpful answers will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

• You can create user in ERP with the above role which Raghu mentioned
  • This role only can post the message into ERP system but not update specific task in ERP system like updating the customer data or vendor master
  • You need to give additional roles for each specific requirement.
  • For example if you creating the sales order then you need to find the role for this and assign it to this user.

Regards,

Praveen.

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Praveen,

So what you're saying is there is no general role for a technical user to deliver an IDoc or proxy to ECC or any of our other SAP systems.  Am I understanding you right?

Hence the reason why we gave these technical users *SAP ALL, *SAP NEW.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

• Each update have separate role in ERP there is no generic role to update the data in ERP.
  • You need to identify the role and add it to the user.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen and Raghuraman for your help in understanding this.  You knowledge is greatly appreciated.

David

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad it helped you David.:)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Try with role-SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER.

For various available roles you can refer the below link

Standard Users (AEX) - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Raghuraman,

That role is specific in communicating with PI.  I am looking for the roles required to write an IDoc to ECC, or MDG or GTS.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

That role should help you in posting IDOC in ECC from PI.

And for specific tasks of application document you can try Praveen's approach.