Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP issue after upgrade to NW 7.31 in nwa,sld,startpage

vivek_kalyankar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have upgraded EP from NW 7.0 to NW 7.31.

After portal configuration nwa,sld,start page is not opening. Then we deployed the below patches:

FRAMEWORK18P_2-20007078.SCA, WDRUNTIME18P_3-20007087.SCA EPRUNTIME18P_11-20007134.SCA and additional component AJAXRUNTIME18P_7-10009502.SCA

we also deployed EPRUNTIME18P_11-20007134.SCA and additional dependent component KMCCM18P_2-20007139.SCA

but the portal is working dead slow and we are getting critical error on portal.

Kindly let me know how to resolve it.

Best Regards,

Abhiruchi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

It seems you applied SP18 without any subset patches. We should always apply SP with its latest subset patches. Like when you generate stack file you will get option to include java patches where Mopz will include all subset patches.

I would suggest you to apply all subset patches which will remove any bugs which are present with SP 18 patch 0.

When I say subset patches is nothing but like SP18 with latest patch  for e.g .you applied SP18 patch 11 for EP runtime.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

When you selected the patches to deploy, have you performed a dependency check as well?

The Java SCAs are highly dependent on each other.

• The SP level of SCAs must be the same
  • When you patch a component you have to make sure the dependencies are met.

The nature of the issue seems to be a dependency related problem. The indication of such will be present in the defaultTrace, (NoClassFound and/or NullPointerException).

Best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Did you not use the stack.xml while upgrading. Would you please share what prompted you to apply these additional patches.

Was there a FPN setup in your source system. Also can you please share the latest default.trace.

Thanks,

Manas