Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Support for S/4 HANA - Solution Manager 7.2

Colt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

recently talked to a customer who has heard about the fact, that Kerberos Single Sign-On Web based as well as GUI based (SNC) are no longer working on S/4 HANA in conjunction with Solution Manager Release 7.2.

From the Secure Configuration Security Guide of SAP SolMan 7.2 I was able to obtain the following information:

The Solution Manager supports the Single Sign-On (SSO) mechanisms provided by the SAP NetWeaver. It uses various front ends (SAP GUI, SAP NWBC, and Web browser, in this case an HTML Control). The system opens several sessions on the server, that require, for example, a second logon. The user uses SAP GUI to log on to a system, the application uses the SAP GUI for HTML Control to call another application, and the system then prompts the user to re-enter the logon data.

The supported mechanisms are:

●  Secure Network Communications (SNC) : SNC authenticates users and provides an SSO environment when
using the SAP GUI for Windows or Remote Function Calls.

●  SAP logon tickets: The Solution Manager supports the use of logon tickets for SSO when using a Web browser to access Solution Manager documents via URLs from outside. Users can be issued a logon ticket after they have authenticated themselves with the Solution Manager system. The ticket can then be submitted to the system as an authentication token, each time the users access documents via URLs from within the same Browser session. The user does not need to enter a user ID or password for authentication, he can access the system directly after the system has checked the logon ticket.

• Seems to me as SNC still is working based on NetWeaver standards but I wasn't fully able to discover about web browser based access and Kerberos (what about SPNEGO?)

• In addition are there any things about SSO to pay attention when operating S/4 HANA on-prem vs. Cloud?

I would love to learn if someone could please elaborate on the various SSO methods supported (or not supported) with SolMan 7.2 + S/4 HANA

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

donka_dimitrova
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carsten,

It is always the SAP documentation of the concrete SAP business application that describes the supported by the application (and concrete application version) authentication scenarios and technologies.

Regards,

Donka Dimitrova