cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM SP05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We just got to use MDM SP05 and i felt that the console security function is rather lacking. Why do i say so is that :

When I logon to the MDM server, although i have yet to login into the repository, i can still delete the repository. I would say that they should change this. Instead, one can only Delete / Edit the repository when one already Login the the Repository.

Just something that i would like to share with you guys!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200744
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi --

This is definitely not a bug. Deleting a repository is considered to be an action available to a server administrator and therefore it also needs to be available on a server level. However, a repository cannot be deleted once it has been loaded. In this case you need to login to the repository and unload it first in order to be able to delete it.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas!

I agree with you. No doubt that it is true that you need to login and unload a repository before you can actually delete that repository.

I just felt that either way, one should have login accessibility to to delete a repository irregardless. A stopped repository is just as critical as a running repository.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asari,

These were my observations:

1. When the repository is in “needs login” status, a right click will show that load, unload, verify, unmount, and delete actions are NOT grayed out whereas all other admin functions (rename, export, import, archive, etc.) are grayed.

In reality the ONLY 2 functions that you can execute on a repository that is in “needs login” status are <u>unmount and delete</u>.

There is no password protection at server level by role and/ users. (This is exactly what you are pointing out. I agree that we DO need password protection at server level otherwise we stand a risk of deleting the repository that is unloaded by "mistake".

Thanks

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a password protection on Server level and has been available for quite some time now. Just right click on the server in the console and select 'change password'. Now, you can't do anything on this server without the server password.

Regards,

Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

You are the hero .

- An.