Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Karma points / reputation

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is by design or a bug.

• The karma points link only links to an info page about karma points.
  • Karma points are not reflected in the user profile (as I would expect)
  • Where is the break down of my karma credits ?
  • Why Karma Credits? This suggests that I now have the right to something. Can I only ask questions once I have earned some Karma Credits? If so, will I be using up my Karma Credits by asking questions ? If not, why not just call them Karma Points?
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is all explained in the blog

The point system becomes history. With the final migration you will see your final points from current SCN  in your profile in the new SCN, just as information, they will not increase anymore.

You will see somewhere the Karma credits, what that means will be explained later this year, but you can actually read it all over the Internet what it basically is, even it might finally look a bit different here (like you can customize your SAP system to your local needs)

Beta is playground, a test system to test migrations and to let the user make experience  and provide feedback to make it better so that beta can become alpha, there is nothing synchronized. All content in beta will not survive the go-live.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

beta...alpha...go-live?  countdown?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like the ticking of the time bomb...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

H Johan,

Great questions, thank you for raising them, as I'm sure others will have the same.

The karma credit total link to the overview page as temporary, as the member view of karma credit log is still in development. Once that log is ready to go, we will link to the log so each member can see what moved the total up or down.

Keep in mind, members will only be able to see their own total, and their own log. Changing the position of the total in the header instead of the profile is also something that we are considering in the context of larger discussions around the public / private view of the profile.

Karma credits versus karma points was selected based on the overall move away from emphasizing points. However, I understand your concern that it implies you can do something with them, and will add it to the feedback list. That may be functionality we rollout in the future, as we consider using some of the additional options available with Answer Hub (use credits in order to perform certain activities).

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Caroleigh

I have a question some what related to this now that in the new portal it is going to be the Karma points what happens to the existing SDN points which we already have are they lost ?

We have to start from scratch again is it

Do let me know on that not sure if this is answered at a different place let  me know the link if so

Regards    

Vinita

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

find yours here: vinita.kasliwal#cardlayout+reputation

Answers (0)