cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I cannot see the server on SAP management console which was there earlier.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup Hingmire,

Please do update status. If issue solved, then we would appreciate you very much if you can close this discussion thread. It would save a lot of person's time. If the issue is still there, then I would personally like to get the issue fixed for you.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

The issue is not fixed yet. Sorry for delayed response.

Attaching the screenshots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this also.

Still getting the same error.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Then I think we have to check in your services.msc. If available, ping me at kaus19d@gmail.com & also update here. Did you try copying the original vmware setups as I asked in the last reply??

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushik,

I tried reaching you through gmail... my id is anuph2912@gmail. Let me know if you get any info on this. And yes i am having the original VMware setup. Actually with this only setup i have worked on SAP screens. But when i started the next time, the Server was not there in the SAP management console.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check reply. I did not ask the vmware installation setup, I was actually asking about the OS copy(vmware files) that you took from your friends that files I think, you have kept in a safe-side & then copied those files onto desktop or other location for use modify purpose. That is why its called training purpose use. You should have a backup & should not touch those files when you are in specially a learning mode session. That backup type folder you should only touch if required to copy back to other location for viewing or modifying purpose when feel that you have done something wrong/mistake & have to copy back the original files.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As it is visible to us that you are using in Windows the vmware, so in Windows the  sapstartsrv.exe file remains in 2 destinations

1. C:\WINDOWS\system32\sapstartsrv.exe
  2. The popularly known in kernel, also can be located in F:\usr\sap\DEV\DVEBMGS00\exe\sapstartsrv.exe

So, as its registered, so like me in run, enter to execute. This will call the function sapstartsrv.exe or you can also call from the locations I have mentioned.

Let me know if it is now solved. Generally it might happen if in the sapmmc.msc you click the delete button after selecting the sap SID.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I tried what you, Abdul and everyone here has suggested. I am ignorant about softwares and systems stuff. I appreciate your patience for helping me out. But still i am getting this. please take a look at the snapshot.  Also, i do not know the credentials to be filled in the SAP service install/uninstall window.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Being a BASIS personal, this matter is very small matter to me. So I will definitely help you in this regard, you just need to follow my steps accordingly.

1. Go to & check if the sapstartsrv.exe file is there in this location C:\WINDOWS\system32\sapstartsrv.exe
  2. Go to & check if the sapstartsrv.exe file is there in this location F:\usr\sap\DEV\DVEBMGS00\exe\sapstartsrv.exe
  3. Go to & check if the START_DVEBMGS00_sapdev file is there in this location F:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\profile. Do not select the .BAK file while registering, your registering screen is ok.
  4. What is the OS login you are using while log-in to this vmware windows?? Can you share that print-screen?
  5. Need to double-click on the sapstartsrv.exe or Windows+R -> sapstartsrv & then press Enter.
  6. If issue, then attach the START_DVEBMGS00_sapdev file.
  7. Also for your reference, I will add screenshoot for your selection:-

So do the above steps only after closing your sapmmc & also when you close your sapmmc, you should not press Yes Button, always press No Button so that you do not face these kind of issues. It can happen if you save like this & when you try banging the wrongly saved sapmmc.exe

Hope all these will get you started.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Did what you said. Getting this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

The id you mentioned in the login is not correct. You can either use:

SAPDEV\sr6adm or SAPDEV\SAPServiceSR6

Try with this and then register your service.

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

it is still mot working. Giving the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error you are getting now. There is something wrong with the user-id/password combination.

Is this a domain installation or local?

Are you are able to login to the host with sr6adm and the password you are using to register the service?

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is same which i have attached as snapshot while replying to Kaushik.

And yes i am using the same credentials which i used to login to the host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a local installation or domain?

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand the difference between them. What i can say is i am using the .vmdk file from the portable hard disk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login to your host with sidadm, go the command prompt, navigate to C:\windows\programfiles\SAP\hostcontrol\exe and try to start the sap instance using below command:

sapcontrol.exe -nr <instance_number> -function StartSystem

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

No folder named host control.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please use the modified process taken from your screen-shot only,

Hope now it would be totally resolved.

Thanks,
Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I am still getting the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this-

File->Add/Remove Snap-in->Add->SAP SYSTEM

Enter required details

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup.

Check the SAP Service status in "Serivices.msc" and then check the SAP MMC.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I tried looking for that in run>services.msc......... as I was following your old post of 2014. But i could not find that.

Plz help.

Regards,

Anup

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup.

1.  Could you check  the  USR & DB folders on your server?

2. Use the SAP SIDADM user id check the commnad "R3trans -d"

BR

SS

former_member209809
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Your server might have restarted without stopping SAP services.

Anyway,please do the following

1) Go to Kernel Directory "/usr/sap/SID/SYS/.."

2) Search for file sapstartsrv.exe and double click on it

3)Enter instance number and SAPServiceSID user credentials and press Register/OK

4) Restart your MMC and you should be able to see systems now.

Warm Regards,
Sumit

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Anup,

check the sap and db services are running or not if not then do start and check again.

If still face issue than do following

Open SAP MMC --> Right Click on SAP System --> Properties --> Fixed
Give System ID and Instance --> Add
Close and Open and check again

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the response.

Could you please tell where can i check the SAP & db services?

And also, if i need to give System ID and instance, where to find them.

Regards,

Anup

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

would you tell me which OS(Window/Linux) are you using?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

just open the Run window and write services.msc. You will get the sap and db services.

If both are running than follow my second instruction.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

I can see the VMware services but sap & db services are not there in the list.

Regards,
Anup

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

than you hv installed sap in Virtual machine, Please check the services.msc of VM.

If there is not showing SAP services than you can create with the help of below link.

sapstartsrv

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

i did follow the link you mentioned. But could not find the SAP executable files.

Also where to find the credentials for the screen:

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi anup,

You can find this file sapstartsrv.exe from /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe folder.

Regards,