Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geocoding in yMKT?

cathychae
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi yMKT experts, please help me with the answer for this....

My customer is asking how the yMKT geospatial segementation works in detail and I know we use OpenStreetMap for geocoding.

eg) A customer's address : Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany

----> Convert to the below point

But what's the process like? Do we need extra work to convert the text address to visualize on map in yMKT like typing real latitude and logitude?

Or does it automatically pull customer's address data from Data Management and convert/show in geospatial map for segmentation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JanMatthes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Seoung Yeon Chae,

for geosegmentation you need to have the following:

1. A service which provides the maps. In our default customizing we use here.com
  2. The address data of your contacts need to have geo coordinates. To mass convert address data into geocoordinates you might use also here.com. Afterwards you need to upload the data to Hybris Marketing again using HANA Studio
  3. Finally you need a provider which converts the geo-search of the user doing segmentation into geo-coordinates. In our default customizing we do this using Nominatim.org. You find this setting in the customizing of Visual Business which is a Netweaver component.

Cheers

Jan

cathychae
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jan!

Do you know whether these two services (here.com / Nominatim.org) support Korean addresses as well?