cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS_LIBS Directory missing on server after SP upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have one CI and two app servers on our NW 7.5 SP4 server.

OS - Linux and DB - Oracle 12c

Recently we upgraded SAP-XI3RDPARTY component on our system by NWDI and after upgrade as per process it restarted SAP Application.

Now issue happened that CI and one app server came up but one app server did not come up.

On Analysis we found that OS_LIBS directory was missing under /usr/sap/sid/j2ee.

Now we resolved issue by copying this directory from other app server to this server and server came up.

But my question is before upgrading SAP-XI3RDPARTY component this app server was running and after this patch upgrade also SAP Application came up on other hosts so on this host is there any SAP reason of not having OS_LIBS directory.

Not sure, If this directory OS_LIBS is created during runtime and should be automatically created during server startup but could not.

Regards,

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shivam,

It could be an human error, basically even if instance is up and you delete the folder OS_LIBS from OS level you will find instance will up and running, but in that case some functionality will not be working like ADS what I know uses OS_LIBS folder.

It might be someone has deleted that file and you have notice that issue during instance restart.

I found one SAP note mention about OS_LIBS missing, but no detail about file get automatically disappear.

2112351 - AS Java fails to start due to exitcode 514

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam.

Is it dual stack system? could you share the logs, From the App server using SAP SIDADM execute the command "R3trans -d " and share the log.

BR

SS