cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IQ Server hung

Former Member
0 Kudos

IQ server was hung event stop_iq was also not working ..

terminated the IQ process and try to start IQ server but not able to start ..

Error ..

DBSPAWN ERROR: -80 Unable to start database server.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please include the entire output of the start IQ command. The DBspawn error means nothing without those details.

It could be anything from a change in the configuration file to a corrupt database to an incorrect command line option somewhere.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will let you know with detail .. there is another issue trying to start iq server in force recovery mode  but not starting . it start fine in normal mode ..

1)  start server with no issue

cd /sybase_ase_devices/data/IQ_REPORT

start_iq @test.cfg test.db   ----->  It works fine .

2) Trying to start server in force recovery mode ---> not starting ..

cd /sybase_ase_devices/data/IQ_REPORT

start_iq -n test -x 'tcpip(port=2601}' -gd dba -gm 1 -iqfrec test '/sybase_ase_devices/data/IQ_REPORT/test.db'

Starting server test on uxuselkg167 at port 2601 (09/22 10:44:13)

Run Directory       : /sybase_ase_devices/data/IQ_REPORT

Server Executable   : /sybase/IQ/IQ-16_0/bin64/iqsrv16

Server Output Log   : /sybase/IQ/IQ-16_0/logfiles/test.0012.srvlog

Server Version      : 16.0.110.2014/sp11

16.0.0/Linux 2.6.18-194.el5

Open Client Version : N/A

User Parameters     : '-n' 'test' '-x' 'tcpip(port=2601}' '-gd' 'dba' '-gm' '1' '-iqfrec' 'test' '/sybase_ase_devices/data/IQ_REPORT/test.db'

Default Parameters  : -c 48m -gc 20 -gl all -gp 4096 -ti 4400 -tl 0 -gn 25

DBSPAWN ERROR:  -80

Unable to start database server

Server failed to start (Return Code 1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks .. I am able to start ..

start_iq  -n test  -x  tcpip{port=2601}  -gd dba  -gm 1 -iqfrec  test test.db

john_ting
Explorer
0 Kudos

next thing I would run checkdb to make sure the db is free from any possible corruptions

regards

John

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would also restart IQ with memory options, users/connections, etc.  The work you can do in a database with the default values will be limited.   Better yet, use a config file to encapsulate all your options (this is the standard).

Mark

john_ting
Explorer
0 Kudos

I would check the following sap  doc to make sure you have everything configured properly

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0002309600

SAP Knowledge Base Article #2309600 - Check the database option value to avoid stop / no response of...

regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks . There was some special characters.. started gain in iqfrec mode .

Former Member
0 Kudos

after starting with igfreq . i shutdown and restarted in normal mode ..tried to create table .. got space issue .. But it was blank database

1> create table t1(name int)

2> go

Msg 21, Level 14, State 0:

SQL Anywhere Error -1009170: You have run out of space in IQ_SYSTEM_MAIN

DBSpace.

Then i ran sp_iqcheckdb 'allocation database' and got below error ..

** Block Count Mismatch

-327551                                                                                                                                                                                            

** Blocks Leaked

327551                                                                                                                                                 

Then started again in force recovery mode    and executed sp_iqchekdb 'dropleaks database' .

and restarted in normal mode . now working fine and create table etc ..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is normal and expected.  -iqfrec forces all blocks to be allocated.  In -iqfrec mode, you must then run sp_iqcheckdb with the 'dropleaks database' options so that the allocated space can be freed.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark . finally force recovery helped to start iq server  ..

john_ting
Explorer
0 Kudos

What is the exact IQ version you are running? 

I would recommend in your circumstances to start with force recovery and see if it helps.

Next time please  try to capture 3 outputs of pstack (with 3 min apart) along with sp_iqconnection and sp_iqtransaction and sp_iqcontext during the time period when stop_iq fails .

regards

John