cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy, Shift or Offset Key Figure Values

ryanjrickard
Explorer

What are the steps to do the following?  Or is there a copy operator that might work?

I have two key figures - Actual Demand, Prior Year Actual Demand

I want to copy January 2015 Actual Demand to January 2016 Prior Year Actual Demand.  Essentially shift or copy the key figure 1 to key figure 2 by 12 months.  Could do the same with 52/53 weeks.

Appreciate any advice!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ryanjrickard
Explorer

Thanks all!

I did get it to work successfully!  Defining each of the PERIODIDs correctly (at the right level for the PA) as an attribute transformation key figure, and choosing the right input key figure was all together the key!

ryanjrickard
Explorer

I was successful in getting this to work in weeks, but still working on getting it to work in months.

I'm working with a key figure that has a base planning level at weeks.

I need to use the weekly key figure aggregated to months and do the offset in months. 

Any suggestions?

former_member242371
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Have you defined transformation for PERIOID1, PERIODID2 etc?

It is required to transform the value of other time levels like month,year in sync with week transformation.

Thanks,

Rohit

Trushit
Associate
Associate

Hi Ryan,

You will have to define attribute transformation for all periods in your time profile as per explanation below:

The assignment of PERIODID(n) attributes varies according to the time profile ID and levels that have been defined. PERIODID0 represents the lowest level of time granularity. If the time profile has multiple time profile levels, then PERIODID1 represents the highest level. The next PERIODID(n) value represents the next highest level of time granularity.

For example, if a time profile is defined with the levels "Day", "Technical Week", "Week", "Month", and "Year", the assignment is as follows:

PERIODID0: Daily periods

PERIODID1: Yearly periods

PERIODID2: Monthly periods

PERIODID3: Weekly periods

PERIODID4: Technical weekly periods

Also, note that you will have to select the key figures which you want to be transformed in this attribute transformation definition for each period which you use. We are using this in our project and is working fine for different periods. Hope this helps.

I believe the attribute transformation solution is better than using copy operator with offset simply because you will have to set up copy operator jobs and so for users it is not real-time when any changes are made.

Regards,

Trushit

sourojit_pal
Participant

Hi Ryan,

Just as Parveen mentioned, attribute transformation is the best option in this case.

As per section 17.7, you can do the following in your case:

Assuming, your Storage profile Level is Month

Source KF is KF1@basePL and Target KF is KF2@basePL, followng are the steps:

1) KF2@basePL = KF2@basePL

2) Do an attribute Transformation from Create KF option in WebUI for PeriodID0 and write the following expression:

Period0@basePL1 = PeriodID0 +12 (Input KF: KF2@basePL)

3) KF2@Request = KF2@basePL1

If you use Copy operator, then the options: Period_offset and Duration will be crucial in you case. Period_Offset should have a value such that it points to January 2016 (relative to current date). Source KF will be KF1 and Target KF : KF2

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sourojit

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Ryan

You can do this with the attribute transformation and also with the copy operator. However, I would recommend attribute transformation. You could refer to the 17.7 Example: Attribute Transformations in the model configuration guide.

You could download the model configuration guide from the following link:

SAP Integrated Business Planning 1608 – SAP Help Portal Page

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

ryanjrickard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Parveen!

I've actually been trying this using the attribute transformation option but continue to run into problems.

Can you expound more on using the Copy Operator to manage this scenario?

Thanks!

Ryan