cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in mail channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi team,

I am new to PI. When I am monitoring the channels of mail adapter, I am constantly facing following errors

exception caught during processing mail message [message id]java.io.IOException: invalid syntax in MIME header: PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iSVNPLTg4NTktMSI/Pg0KPE5GZSB4bWxuczp4

exception caught during processing mail message [message id]java.io.IOException: invalid response for fetch: 001K OK FETCH completed

exception caught during processing mail message [419378]java.io.IOException: invalid syntax in MIME header: _htmlalt

could any one help me how to tackle these errors?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bandaru,

Check this sap note is applicable to your system?

1902779 - java.io.IOException: invalid syntax in MIME Header

MAIL Adapter is not able to handle the MIME header processing if the MIME header is not null and it is not proper.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

who can rectify the fault in MIME header? are we PI consultants any way responsible with the correction?

Andrzej_Filusz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> could any one help me how to tackle these errors?

You can connect to your mail account using a mail client and check this message - if it's correct or not. As we can see a part of it is encoded in base64.

> are we PI consultants any way responsible with the correction?

This is a tricky question cos some mail server send mails which are incorrect according to the documentation/specification (SMTP). So your job is to make sure that your PI system has all patches. Please search for all mail adapter notes. If this wouldn't help then you can try to open an OSS message. Once I managed to convince the SAP support to prepare a patch for a such case.

Best regards,
Andrzej Filusz