Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 - Corporate Colors "don't take"

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few weeks ago I added our company's color palate to the Custom Color section, using the Goto menu option on the Personas Admin screen. I had not really tried to use them until now.

The colors appear when I edit a flavor, and seem to work fine until I save and exit the flavor editor. At that point, any color changes I made revert back to their default settings. I can make these types of changes using the standard color palate and they are maintained after I save and exit.

I did not see any way to make the corporate colors public, like I can with images and other resources. Am I missing a step here, or does anyone have an idea why I can't use the corporate colors?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have had similar observations with 3.0 SP3 - a new Alias column got introduced and with longer values corporate colors would not work properly.

We have now moved to just "numbering" in the alias table and the issue is not present.

Regards

Merten

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Merten,

Thank you for the reply. I deleted our corporate colors and recreated them, using color alias names such as 0001, 0002, etc (see below). I'm still seeing the issue after that change; is there anything else I need to try?

Also, is there a way to make corporate color changes take effect immediately? The colors disappeared from the palate as soon as I deleted them, but it took over a day for the new color choices to appear. I even had Basis reboot the ECC server, but that did not seem to make any difference. They did that yesterday, and the corporate colors weren't there; I signed on this morning and now they are.

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how the table looks in our system. I see some clear difference on color string, and you use special characters for Descriptive name. Maybe try with HTML color codes like #FFFFFF

That said, your issue might be a completely different one.

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

I'll give your layout a try. We are just starting to implement Personas and I've been tasked with learning it. For some reason I didn't think spaces were allowed (maybe that was in the alias). I'll try taking the underscore out of the descriptive name as well.

Any suggestions on why my color changes don't appear right away? It's tough to play around with this when it takes 24 hours for my changes to appear.

Thanks again!

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Merten,

I followed your suggestions, and it appears to have resolved my issue. I modified all of the colors at once, so I'm not sure if it was one of your suggestions, or a combination of all of them.

As far as the changes not appearing right away, I have found out that they appear if I reboot my PC. Kind of a pain, but that's the only thing I've found so far. I have tried using System - End Session and System - Log Off, but neither of those works. I have noticed that I do not have to log back into SAP after using System - Log Off, which seems strange. I'm guessing since the system is not completely logging me out, the corporate colors are cached and only cleared by a reboot. If anyone has any additional information on this, I'd be interested to hear it.

Thanks again for your help!

Answers (0)