Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getMember from Crosstab

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a crosstab with the dimension Business number from the customer. The reporting user can use several filter to find a list of special customer.

Then the reporting user can click a button to export all Business number in a URL string for a the CRM-System.

When i use the getMember function i get all business number from datasource. Also if i have set in init view the dimension to "only values with posted data"

How i can get only the Business number how are in the crosstab? I need a solution without SDK's.

THANKS FOR HELP !

BR

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Can I ask if you have any key figures with exception aggregation in your Bex query?

I've seen the same issue with one of my Dashboards where the Bex KF has exception aggregation.

In another dashboard where the Bex doesn't have any KFs with exception aggregation, the "Only values with posted data" setting in the DataSource initial view works as expected when you call getMembers.

Cheers,

Carlton.

former_member206841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

In your case you are applying filters at Design studio level. Eventhough you are filtering to only 2 members, the getselectedmembers will return all the 1150 members(the members received at design studio level for that Dimension) .

To achieve your scenario have a characteristic restriction set at Bex level (Since you mentioned it is a BW Datasource) based on a variable to restrict the data to Design Studio . In that case you will have only two members.

Let me know if you are able to proceed with this Info.

Will add a demo later if needed:)

Regards

Dinesh

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for you help.

I'm not sure that you solution will help. We will not change something in the query.

For me design studio should able to get  all members in the crosstab, after all filters and changes from the standard user.

BR

Gabriel

former_member206841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

Not sure if that's possible at Design Studio level. Let's wait for more solutions. All the Best!

Regards

Dinesh

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

What version of Design Studio are you using and what type of data source?

Regards,

Mustafa.

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

We has the 1.6 SP3.

I can remember that this was working in the past, but i was not 100% sure.

Please don't tell me that this is not working anymore.

BR

Gabriel

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

What is your data source?  BW, HANA or Universe?

Regards,

Mustafa.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

What is your data source?  BW, HANA or Universe?

Regards,

Mustafa.

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

BW.

BR

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

In that case, since you are using BW, I would have expected getMembers() to work as you have described, due to the cascading filters effect.  Two further questions:

1)  Is the issue something that has occurred after upgrading Design Studio from a previous version in which the application worked as expected or is this a new application?

2)  In order to help determine what the cause of the issue might be, can you provide the script code that applies the various filters as well as the subsequent getMembers() operation?

Regards,

Mustafa.

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

1. It is a new application.

2. When i start the app i have in the crosstab 1150 customers, then i filter only two customers and then i click the button with this script:

var partner = DS_1.getMembers("RAPARTNR1", 99999);

partner.forEach(function(element, index)

{

var aktpar = element.internalKey;  

if (aktpar != "")

{  

APPLICATION.alert(aktpar);  

XDATA = XDATA + aktpar;

}  

});

I get always 1150 customers in the global variable XDATA.

BR

Gabriel

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

The code looks fine to me (except for the fact that I'm curious as to why there is a need to check for null values of the internal key?).  Could you also describe how the filtering is being done and perhaps share the script code for that as well?

Regards,

Mustafa.

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

We have no script for filter. We use the standard navigation panel. The reporting user can create filter for all dimonsion from the query.

BR

Gabriel

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the update.  Your scenario is quite clear now.  In this situation, I would expect getMembers() to return the filtered data due to cascading of the filters as mentioned before.  I am attending SAP TechEd this week but will see if I can replicate your issue to provide further feedback.

Regards,

Mustafa.

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks. But i need this week a Solutions, because we would go live end of this month.

Should i open a OSS?

Did you are also in TechEd in Barcelona?

BR

Gabriel

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend TechEd Barcelona this year. 

I guess you could try opening an OSS Ticket in the absence of any other suggested solutions.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabrial Motor

There is one thing you need to check on Business number dimension.

Can you check the Members for filtering property is correctly set.( pl note I am not saying about Members in Result Set)

Regards

karthik S

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

I have set this Setting.