Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize KNA1 and ADRC created via IDOC

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have a problem with creation of customers in ERP via IDOC. The IDOCs are coming from a Cloud for Customer (C4C) system however this is more a ERP related problem so i posted it directly in ERP section.

When i create a customer in C4C two IDOCs will be created in ERP:

DEBMAS and ADRUPD.

Through a custom logic the DEBMAS will be created first and afterwards the related ADRUPD with the address data.

This leads to the problem that the customer will be created (in kna1) and the address data is only available in table adrc (with the correct relation of ADRNR <-> ADDRNUMBER).

So when i check the customer via tx. xd03 everything looks perfect but when i check the customer in kna1 all address data related fields are empty.

When i make an update to the customer (via xd02 by changing e.g. the title) all the address data will be filled correct in kna1.

So my question is: Can i trigger the update of kna1 address data somehow via a function module? Or do you have any other ideas to synchronize the data?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Raphael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see an OSS note 418007 - Updating missing ADRC records from the KNA1, but not sure how it helps with your issue.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you described does not sound logical except you have have no address fields filled in the DEBMAS Idoc and/or the logic has changed with C4C

In my current migration projects I also load DEBMAS first followed by a ADRMAS Idoc.

DEBMAS only cares about the really very old customer master tables like KNA1, KNB1, KNVV etc.

ADRMAS will update ADRC and add the address number to KNA1

If I do not process ADRMAS, then I can see the data from KNA1 table in XD02. If I click save then the address is copied from KNA1 to ADRC.

But usually I would only see data from ADRC table in XD02 transaction (already since 4.0B release)

So it is theoretically possible with a wrong load  to have in KNA1 a city Hamburg while in ADRC the city is Frankfurt and the user would only see Frankfurt when he uses the standard transactions.

But with queries where the data is only fetched from KNA1 for convenience it would show Hamburg as City.

In an ALE distribution you would need a serialization between the 2 Idocs.

Do you have the address fields in the DEBMAS Idoc?

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

thank you for your answer.

the standard C4C mapping for all address fields in DEBMAS is "/". So empty mapping of address fields in DEBMAS.

I assume in your project the DEBMAS has the same address data like in ADRMAS which indeed is no problem. The Problem occurs when DEBMAS and ADRMAS is different or like in my example DEBMAS are completely empty and only available in ADRMAS.

Also enter xd02 and save is no possibility because without changing anything the system don't save the customer.

so i think if you don't have any other idea the only solution is the note 418007 which has actually not all address data fields of kna1 but it's a start.

Thanks

Raphael

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try via MASS