cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download data from a HANA view to Lumira (on BOBIP)

rcmuller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm running Lumira from the BI lauch pad and acquiring data from HANA views.

It works fine but I also would like to have the option to download the data, so I can manipulate and transform before loading.

Currently, when I create a new document, the Add New Dataset option only shows "Connect to SAP HANA" as an option

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Currently, we can only acquire online HANA views in the BI launchpad. We only have the options for Visualize and Compose rooms in BI launchpad.

Please refer to the user guides on SAP Lumira 1.31 – SAP Help Portal Page

We have the ability to download data only on the desktop now. In the future releases we are expected to get the Prepare tab in BI launchpad.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

rcmuller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Many thanks for the reply.

I thought that would be the case but asked anyway as I may have missed something.

Just on top of the previous question, I was thinking about using Lumira desktop to develop my story, downloading and transforming data from a HANA view, and them publishing in the BI platform.

Do you think this can be a workaround?

Cheers,

Rob

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Using Lumira desktop would be the best option. Make sure you choose "Download from SAP HANA" option instead of "Connect to SAP HANA" to get complete data preparation options. And when publishing (Save As) to BI launchpad, enable "Save without data" to show latest data on opening the document.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

rcmuller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Once again, thanks for your reply.

I'm now trying the Desktop version as discussed above.

I can connect and select my HANA views (the same I can consume from Lumira on BI platform), but as soon as I click Next to get a preview or Create to go to the Prepare tab I get a "Server Error" message.

It happens the same way for both "Connect to SAP HANA" or "Download from SAP HANA".

Sorry for being annoying with these questions but I'm just getting frustrated with the lack of progress with my development in Lumira.

Warm regards,

Rob

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Can you check if both the Lumira Desktop and Server are in the same version of 1.31 ? Try to connect through BI Platform and direct HANA options. Last option would be to uninstall and reinstall the application.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

rcmuller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun,

I'll give it a go.

Regards,

Rob

Answers (0)