cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Fiscal year variant in New Asset Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All, In Simple Finance (1503 version), we had a limitation that Different Fiscal year variant in New Asset Accounting will not work unless start date and end date is same. Would like to know whether this limitation is still there in 1511 and in subsequent version of Simple Finance. I tried to search the same in SCN. However I didn't find an answer whether this limitation is removed in the new versions of Simple finance (post 1503 version). Kindly advise if there is any new NOTES given by SAP for the same. As this is real bottleneck to implement asset accounting with Multiple currencies and Multiple company codes, kindly share your thoughts. Regards GK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all the product name is now S/4HANA Finance. Yes the constraint still exists. The fiscal year of asset accounting and the leading ledger of the company code should be same.

One of the alternative in such a case is the solution as highlighted in OSS Note 2220152. However, in such a case you might need to look at a custom solution for your asset reporting. There is also a SAP SLO Based Solution, which essentially create a dummy company code and post transnational data. However, the solution is cumbersome and is a paid service

regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. You mentioned "The fiscal year of asset accounting and the leading ledger of the company code should be same". In my Case also, it is same. Actually My question was what if  Non-leading ledger fiscal year variant is different from the New Asset Accounting?

I presume your answer is for that only... Secondly I have gone thorough oss note where it is suggested to create dummy ledger for this purpose..

Just wanted to know from your experience, how are you handled it in your implementations, in the sense are you addressing it as mentioned in the oss note or is there any customized solution is there without going for SLO Based solution.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

GK

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You are correct. The asset accounting should have a fiscal year variant which is same as leading ledger. If however, for non leading ledger, the fiscal year is different than new asset accounting will not work and you have to create a dummy ledger as mentioned in the OSS Note I mentioned. In one of my projects, I did on S/4HANA Finance, we have handled it the same way, where the leading ledger had a fiscal year from April - march and non leading had from Jan - Dec. So we created a dummy ledger as a representative ledger and assigned it to the ledger group of non leading ledger as mentioned in the OSS Note. For reporting, a custom report based on ACDOCA is required. There is no other way out, since the standard reports will not cater to reporting requirements of non leading ledgers as fiscal years are different.

Coming to Customized solution, there is one from SAP which is customer specific product and is based on SLO. That is a paid service as I mentioned earlier and is pretty cumbersome process for reporting. To me, the first solution is more easy and less costly from a customer standpoint.

regards

Sanil Bhandari

PS : If your issue is answered, please close the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanil for your prompt response. But from any Client perspective, it will be very difficult to digest this limitation and for us (Fico Consultants) also, it will be even more tasking to convince them.

This limitation in asset accounting seems to be really wiping off all other extra ordinary features which S/4 HANA has brought in.

Hope SAP will come up with a solution than a work around sooner than later.

Regards

GK

lakshmu999
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

If implementation is greenfield ( New) , No transactions yet posted , explore as below

1. Create New Ledger group -  say Z1

2. Create  New Ledger - L1

3. Assign Fiscal Year Varaint , which is equalant to Leading Ledger eg : K4

4. Assign Ledger L1 and Non Leading Ledger to New Ledger Group

5. Make Ledger L1 as representative Ledger

6. Assign Ledger Group Z1 against  Accounting Principle relevant to Non Leading Ledger

7.. Assign Ledger Group Z1 against Depreciation Area related Accounting Principle (Valuation Area)

If Transactions already posted in production environment

For subsequent addition of Ledger is SLO service (Scenario 7 - SLO service)

BR,

Laks

Answers (0)