Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice out-put type issue

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am creating an invoice where I got both RD00 (Printing invoice) as well as output MAIL(out going mail).

Both picks because of condition record.

RD00 picks with key combination of Sales organization + Billing type. So it's not specific to any customer.

Now my client wants when MAIL output trigger RD00 should not consider for specific customer. And they do not want to touch any condition record.

They want to achieve through user exit. I have used Z-program and forms for above out-put.So please advise how to proceed.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

You can achieve this via z only where in you need to use a z table in which you will maintain all the customer (++ some additional combination of sales org or billing type for future use.) for which you don't want the output to be triggered and use those this z table in your z development which make the system skip all KUNNR i.e. customer code which exist in you z table i.e. you maintained the value.

However as mentioned by you your client don't want t change the master data, what is the reason for the same. The reason I m asking this is via stand config you can achieve the same with minimum efforts by only addition a new key combination in output table. Yes you to take care of master data i.e. output records which can be done easily.

Tried to make client understand the pro and cons of not using stand feature of SAP or else z development is always there to take care.

Thanks.

SS

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is usually a good business reason why you don't wish to send print and e-mail output of invoices for a specific customer - for example, because you send the same data by EDI.

It is good to discuss with the client what is the business case and make the solution better - a z-table by KUNNR is a terrible thing to maintain in production environments, because it grows bigger with time and there are always cases, when people forget to maintain it properly.

If the customer receives the invoices by EDI and this is the real reason why he does not need to receive an e-mail or print output, then it is better to consider a print requirement to disable an output in case a different one is determined (it is a bit tricky to design, but I have done it for a project and it is definitely possible).

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vaselina,

My client wants to over-ride RD00 when MAIL output is triggering. They have maintained condition record for RD00 with key combination Sales. Orgn+ Billing type. They are telling this is for non-specific customer and they do not want to change this record. They are asking me to check through user exit can be possible ?

Do you have any specif requirement in your mind so that I will consider ?

Second there will be some customer who will be required both RD00 and MAIL output, in that case how I should proceed ?

At present I can see for both output requirement is ZERO.

Regards

Ramesh

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems your business users are unable to define very clear rules - you need to help them.

If they want to have both mail and rd00 for some customers, think of using some attributes in the customer master to check whether you need to determine both or only one of the outputs.

The other option is to tell them in case sending RD00 and mail is exceptional case and can happen for any customer - to enter the output manually in the document.

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know any specific attributes are you pointing in customer master ?

There is a field in Billing doc. tab of Customer master called "Subs.invoice processing" is this one are you pointing out ?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some companies use the fields in additional data tab in the customer master, I have seen others, which use customer classification (but then, this gets too complicated), some go for custom z-fields in sales area data (because they ran out of possible fields to use). It really depends on what is currently used in your system. If your field of choice is not present in the catalog and is not populated in the communication structures in standard, then you will need to populate it via user exit.

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaselina,

If I will add new field in Customer master in additional data tab then what logic should I implement so that system will override MAIL.

And they want both MAIL and RD00 for specific customer in that case how should I proceed ?

Regards

Ramesh