cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Certificate for Sandbox / IDES is a mandatory?

darlot36
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SCN,

Referring to my other thread https://scn.sap.com/thread/3956441, I find out that I'd need to install SSL.

I am working only on a sandbox / ides, does the installation of SSL certificate mandatory, since I don't need the HTTPS function?

Thanks in advance for any idea / input.

Best regards,

DW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to check the STRUST. If you search for documents in SCN on how to export the PSE certificate & export & then import the certificate, you would easily get. So, it would easily help your issue. I remember, last month only one of my friends getting the same issue for 1 of his clients. That was a dual-stack system & got resolved after exporting the certificate through STRUST & then importing via use of Visual Admin.

On the other discussion-thread of yours, I mentioned the matter as its CRM.

Thanks,

Kaushik

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
darlot36
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

As per Cristiano's input above - in a sand box SSL certf. is not required.

Do I still need to complete STRUST or this part can also be skipped?

Thanks for your input.

BR,

Deddy

0 Kudos

Hi,

SSL is to ensure secure data transmission by encrypting. As your are using a sand box, SSL is not mandatory.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello DW,

If you really don't need HTTPS in the system, then you don't need to install a SSL certificate.

Kind regards,

Cris

darlot36
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano, Thank you so much for the valuable input. Does it means in my RFC setup I just need to select SSL “Inactive” ? Since as per excerpt in the pic. Attached, Note: 2026421 - PPM 6.1: Configuration Content – Attachment File: ConfigContPPM61SP05 – Page 20 recommend to set SSL to Active. I’ll try to follow inactive which hopefully without any further issue. Again thanks for your help. BR, Deddy