cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with MSMP owrkflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an issue with my MSMP workflow engine. Whenever I modify the workflow in MSMP, even though I have 4 stages or 5 stages workflow but the default stage checked during the workflow execution is GRAC_SECURITY. I have even removed this stage GRAC_SECURITY from my workflow and have updated GRAC_MANAGER but still the workflow looks for the stage GRAC_SECURITY.

Currently my workflow have only one stage that is GRAC_MANAGER and is perfectly mapped to a path.

Please let me know how to change this default setting of stage from GRAC_SECURITY to any other stage?

Thanks

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

japneet_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear James,

Have you activated the MSMP after making changes?

Thanks & Regards
Japneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Japneet,

After making changes to MSMP, I have saved the configuration and generated the version by executing transaction GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION.

japneet_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear James,

please ensure that you have activated the MSMP version by clicking on the Activate button.

Thanks

Japneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Japneet,

Activation resulted in the following errors.

Also if you can tell me how to delete the old rule id's which are no longer available. I tried to search but I'm unable to locate this id in BRF+ or MSMP.

Following is the screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI James,

The issue seems to be because of Initiator rule not included properly in MSMP workflow.

Thanks,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

But other workflows for the same initiator rule works fine.

Regards

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think so as the workflow has not been generated.

Please check step 2 in MSMP.

Nishant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nishant,

The workflow was generated many times by transaction GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION. We have also created many other new request type and they work absolutely fine, no issues.

For one of our request type, I came across this issue, whenever I submit request the very first stage checked GRAC_SECURITY( I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE CHECKED).

Regards

James

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

it's definitely a problem (as Nishant mentioned) once you are unable to activate the workflow from the web page. If you use the "hard" way and ignore errors, then please do not bother us with your problems since you do not respect the warnings/errors the systems throws at you.

To make it clear: activate the workflow the proper way, if the error occurs that says the rule is not registered with the process, then go to Step 2 (Maintain Rules) and add the rule there. Once that's done, you should be able to activate the workflow.

Let us know how it works.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alessandro,

Could you please suggest some tables/transactions to monitor the error logs related to MSMP activation?

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

there is no specific table I have in mind. Show us the activation log from transaction GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION and we will be able to point you to the right direction.

Regards,

Alessandro

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

how does the initiator rule look like? Do you use the standard or did you create a custom BRF+ rule? I assume that you mapping to the path is not correct. You have to define the rule results in the rule and map accordingly.

It would also be very helpful to share screenshots.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Thanks for your time. Its a custom BRF+ for request type. Workflow for one request type works perfectly fine, it execute stage by stage. But for another request type the workflow only looks for stage GRAC_SECURITY even when I have not defined this stage in my workflow for this particular request type.

For one request, I just need to have only one stage that is GRAC_MANAGER but it always looks for GRAC_SECURITY. Please suggest.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

there is an issue within the initiator or routing of the rule. Since you did not share all the screens I can hardly tell you were.

It's also worth to check the instance log and check the rule results from your initiator: GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD. Enter the request number, goto Logs > Debug Log  and click Refresh.

If the debug log is not present you need to activate first. Check GRFNMW_DEBUG.

Regards,

Alessandro